I have it running, now to find out how to make the lights and charging work!

oldskoolxs

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I started taking it all apart so I can see what wire goes where. All the plastic connectors are there and look fine.What is the little box covered in rubber behind the battery box do?(not the rectifier underneath) It says Koito 12V 1 on it, in pic it's by the screwdriver and ball of black tape. http://www.xs650.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=64190&stc=1&d=1464619095.

Also,on the battery box below solenoid.What does that large shiny piece do? DSC02688.jpg That battery box was a pain to remove! It must be a real pain to get it back in and get the rectifier attached after it's stuffed in there.Is there a trick?

Thanks and sorry I don't know this stuff (Yet!)

I have seen the colored diagrams. I get slightly lost looking at them.
Some connections make perfect sense, some do not.Partly because I don't know what the part does and it's hard to follow the connection through the ton of other close lines all around(same with looking at the harness when the wires switch colors).I wouldn't mind avoiding the safety switches for now anyway. I do have to have working gauges to pass inspection here in NY.At least I'm working on it and I thankfully have this site of great people that want to see these machines run for people like me that aren't rich.

Attachments

• DSC02701.jpg
    DSC02701.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC02702.jpg
    DSC02702.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02703.jpg
    DSC02703.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 127
The piece from the the back bottom of the battery box is the light checker.
Below the starter solenoid the safety relay.

Back