I just bought a Harley

Funny, I've been asked that more than once... :D

No, right across the border. I lived in South Boston for a while. Plenty of friends from Boston, Lowell/Lawrence, Worcester etc. It is hell.

N. Carolina on the other hand is possibly my favorite eastern state. I spent the summer of '91 doing a beach-hop along the east coast on an '86 Intruder. I left Wilmington on 40 just to look around and before I knew it, I was in Asheville. One of the best rides I've been on. Of course I had to wander through eastern TN and Northeast GA before going back to the coast through S. Carolina... A long time ago, but seems like it was yesterday, just like any long cruise does.

Travis - I actually bought the bike from the second owner, which is why I got such a good deal.. He really didnt know what he had... He had the bike for 4 years and only rode it 3500 miles. If I had to guess the paint alone on it is outstanding... Id say at least 2 grand from a pro... not real sure on what engine work has been done but, like I said the mechanic said that the bike had to of had some performance upgrades.... but I sat down and added up the chrome parts to be around $1500 in chrome. So if the bike was 17k new, it would probably be around 20k plus any engine work that was done. Now if you asked me if thats overpriced.. I would say hell yes. The only reason I own it was because I got a good deal... I cant even say that I wanted to buy American, because I've read that the majority of a Harley is only assemble here.

I don't know that it was overpriced at the time.. if they were still selling them at that price, then it must have been the going rate... Overpriced for you and me... yeah..

I'm glad you guys turned this conversation back to motorcycles and had a group hug... Now allow me remind you guys of Rule 7:
"If you have an issue with another member, deal with it in a professional and respectful manner. Try resolving your problems with the member through email or private messages first. If a thread turns into a bitch fight or name calling and character bashing, it will be deleted or edited (cleaned up). This site is not the place for grade-school drama."

I'm not against a little confrontation, just don't make it personal.... that doesn't solve anything.

I agree Tom.....the do rag thing is not for me...I have hair...and do wear a helmet ...sometimes.

By the way Travis.....thanks , was getting out of hand. I get embarrassed reading some of these posts and turn it off. I like to hear different ideas tho...we all like and dislike different things...no reason to get personal.

Last edited:
Manchester.

I love ass-less chaps. I had to stop wearing 'em though. Everyone kept laughing at the Hello Kitty tat on my left cheek...

What??? I was drunk... I got it on a bet... I won 10 bucks!

...now you're just making me feel awkward.

Anyway, here it is. My ass is a little pale, I know...

Attachments

• Darth_Kitty_on_my_ass.jpg
    Darth_Kitty_on_my_ass.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 138
here we go again... anyway.. how do we know that's your ass? Unless your ass is all over the internet. A quick google images search for "darth hello kitty" returns that image several times. :D

Whatever, I seem to recall the terms "asshat" and "simple minded" coming my way yesterday. Interesting how it all changes today. :wink2:

Travis, that is NOT the same tattoo. Mine was picked out of a book, but customized with a pink bow with 13 polka dots. Are you going to question it far enough that I post a pic of my entire bare, white ass? :D:D:D

Whatever, I seem to recall the terms "asshat" and "simple minded" coming my way yesterday. Interesting how it all changes today. :wink2:

I seem to remember you telling a story about a mythical panhead too. You know, the one you refused to show pictures of because "A. I'm not 12 years old" and then you started acting like the 12 year old. Might as well show pictures of it right? Unless, it doesn't exist in that case, I "understand" :wink2:

And the grade-school challenge continues. You forgot about part B. :doh:

What does my last statement and yours have to do with one another? Grasping at straws. Looking silly. Poor little fella. :(

Here, this should make you feel all better about yourself: I'm a total liar and don't own any motorcycles at all, not even the one I'm building. You're completely special because you not only own motorcycles but have proved that you own them by showing pictures. You are a manly man and get all of the women while I get none. You also can drink more than me, smoke more than me, and ride harder than me (obviously, since I don't own a motorcycle.) You're also way smarte... OK, even I can't bullshit that well.

Since you're the king and I'm a lying asshat, how about you untwist your panties and put your big-boy trousers on now, eh? Just sayin'... ;)

Well I'm still not convinced about the tat but I don't really need to see your ass so I'll let it go.. I was assuming from the get go that you were only kidding about the tat anyway..

Now where the fuck did my ass-less Harley trousers go? :D

TOTALLY bullshitting about the tat! I'm not quite that badass. :D

Motorcycles??? I don't own any motorcycles, thus the Hello Kitty diversion tactic... :cool:

(That IS rather motivational.)

Back