I just did something but I don't know what.

sseres

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Changed oil today and took off rhc to figure out why I could never get clutch just right. I was missing one of the 2mm washers that goes in with the thrust washer. Anyway, the whole thing went back together fine. And, other than the clutch, bike was fine before I started.

Didnt want to start back up. A few fires but would run. Sounded like dead battery but same behavior with a 50amp starter/charger and also told me battery is charged. I thought maybe oil hadn't circulated so i gave it a few more cranks, then "click." No power. No lights, no nothin'. Checked all 4 fuses on top of the battery and they're fine but i swapped them anyway.

What else might I have blown to leave me in a dead state like this?

Thanks!!

Thanks, Roy. I'm getting juice from battery to the point where the black battery wire attaches to the frame. Is there another connection from battery to the frame?

Thanks, Roy. I'm getting juice from battery to the point where the black battery wire attaches to the frame. Is there another connection from battery to the frame?

Are you saying you have voltage on the ground cable?

Fart nipples. Ok. Usually when i turn the key to on, my rear lights come on and not even that is happening. When it crapped out, it sounded like a quiet click (like a relay?) and that was the last of electricity. Is there a thing like a relay that could
Have suddenly pooped out during cranking?

Yup connector in the headlight but first turn on ignition and kill switch check for 12 volts on the red white wire terminal on the side of the starter relay.
Did you have the stator off by any chance?

Yup connector in the headlight but first turn on ignition and kill switch check for 12 volts on the red white wire terminal on the side of the starter relay.
Did you have the stator off by any chance?

No, I was only in tHe rhs. Everything was fine while I was cranking until it quit and then lights out.

Reading in tech section xsleo's write up of electrical systems. Looked at some wiring section and see the "safety relay." Where is that? That's totally what sounds like what blew up on me.... Or some freaking piece like that....

The safety relay can interrupt power to that red white terminal I asked you to check for 12 volts.

Back