I love my DSLR

cooltouch

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I own a Canon Digital Single Lens Reflex camera (DSLR), and I love it. Why? Because not only does it take great pics, but because it is a Canon Digital Rebel XS. 'Nuff said. :D:thumbsup:

As I can see, you see "XS" everywhere ! :D But I understand you, I also have two DSLR, a Nikon D200 and a D50 for backup and I really like them, even if there's no XS written of them !

Yeah, the D50 from what I understand, is approximately equivalent to the Canon Rebel XS. When I bought my XS about a year and a half ago, it was Canon's cheapest interchangeable lens DSLR. Now, I don't even see it advertised anymore, although I think it's still available. I've been a pretty hard-core photographer for almost 30 years, but the XS was all I could afford at the time, and ironically, even though it's Canon's cheapest, that's the most money I've ever spent on a camera -- and I've probably owned over a hundred. Still, it's been a decent photographic tool, even if it's an entry level one, and does most everything I need. So I can't complain.

I'd really like to get a 5D II one day, but I have no idea where I'll come up with the cash for one (don't believe in credit cards). Heh. A 5D II costs more than I've ever spent on a motorcycle!

Which reminds me. Maybe a worthwhile thread to start besides "Show us your XS" will be one on outstanding motorcycle-related photography. Sadly, I would probably have few, if any, images to offer in that regard right now, but perhaps soon.

I've got a Nikon D5000 and I love the pics I get with it. I'm pretty new to photography but enjoying the hell out of it :)

And a camera thread has to have pics!

4656213341_f8f363e3fd_b.jpg

I love the low light abilities of a DSLR with a fast lens. This was shot at night in a dark parking lot with no flash, 35mm f1.8 lens.

3821279809_31ecc78c9c_b.jpg

Interesting looking pattern on that tank. Almost looks like a silver leaf, kinda. I've seen gold leaf, but can't say I've ever seen silver leaf before. Nice photos!

Interesting looking pattern on that tank. Almost looks like a silver leaf, kinda. I've seen gold leaf, but can't say I've ever seen silver leaf before. Nice photos!

Thanks!

Yes, it is silver leaf. There's also some airbrushing done to it to add highlights and define the pattern a bit more.

Back