i need to pull a rotor off tomorrow and have no puller?

lowliferat

certified hack
Reaction score
so i sold my 80 brat project and a guy is coming 4 hours away to get her , so to hear her run(which she does) but i worked the price down if i keep my new charging rotor and harness for my other build. How can i pull a rotor with out damaging it with out a puller? two breaker bars on lower portion of rotor ? or a 3 jaw puller on bottom of rotor so as not to damage? thanks all

I wouldn't try to pull that rotor without the proper puller. I've seen what happens to them on the Yamaha Banshee's when using a three jaw and it's ugly.They are the same rotor.

If it was installed recently it may come off with a three jaw puller. I might just let the rotor go with the bike and buy another rotor.
Banshee rotors are not the same as XS650 rotors. The XS650 rotor is a field excited rotor, the Banshee is a PMA rotor. The XS650 fits inside the stator, the Banshee fits outside the stator.
Leo

Actually he didn't mention in this post if he had a PMA or stock charging system. I can't remember what everybody is running. My bad.
It does say "Hugh's" in his signature but that don't mean much, Hugh's makes lots of things.
I was assuming he had the stock system. If I'm wrong my apologies.
What I said still stands. The stock system is different than a PMA. Either way I recommend getting the right puller.
Leo

Thanks for the input. This on way my brat project that had to go to pay mortgage. When I put the rotor on I didn't install tight enough and it slipped right off. It was a stock rotor. But it was bend new and I needed it for my hrdtail project. Next time I will be more descriptive about it. Thanks you guys are way nicer than some of the other forums.

I agree with you Leo,the right tool for the job. I assumed lowliferat had the PMA system on his bike after looking at his signature and seeing a past post's of his.

"Thanks you guys are way nicer than some of the other forums."

Get it straight next time man!:cussing::wink2:

Back