I think this is something like cafe thing.

Jezuz

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slim Jim production.

Hello to all, this is my first post here and i was thinking to release my stuff at a same time.
I´ve got a 75 frame and 72 engine with some sourt of tank, rest of the set up is modern tech and guidelines are to follow that recipe to the end.

029.jpg

046.jpg

My main goal now is, to registrate this thing and get it on to road. next winter i will fix and build everything allover again!

Last edited:
Are you going to repaint? Looks like a great project I know everyone would love to hear how you fitted the front and rear to the bike, at least I would!

Front and rear end is fitted by previous owner, i just checked out that it was fitted with decent method. But for the clarification, front end is fitted to the frame with stock dimension bearings using stock pivot axle, and rearframe is chopped and welded for that fzr600 swingarm. Really a basic shit!!

Isn't it basically a bourbon, which tastes more like a whiskeydue to the mellowing?

I'm no expert, but that's what I've understood

Posted via Mobile

I´m not an expert, but i´ve noticed that couple shots of springbank or lagavulin and then moveon to jack!

Bike is now waiting for transport to shop where i can do frame weldings. It´s starting now quite easy with those 38mm flatslides, tuning of carbs was really sweaty job and right leg is killing me...:mad:

Not surprised. 38mm flatslides are rather huge for a 650cc motor.

So what all are you gonna do to the frame? Looks like you've already removed the center stand mounts and passenger peg loops. I did the same with my '78E cafe project. Really cleans up the lines I think, and sheds a bit of weight.

Bourbon is a whiskey originally from Kentucky. Jack Daniels is a Tennessee whiskey. Then you also have scotch, Irish whiskey, Canadian whiskey, rye whiskey, and others. They're all whiskeys, but they're all different . . . um . . . recipes, if you will. For further reading on the origins of whiskey in its various forms, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey.

Meanwhile, back to Jezuz's build. :bike:

Last edited:
Previous owner cut back of the frame in pieces because wider fzr600 swingarm, weldings look like shit so i have to check them out. If flatslides wont work decently on road i think they are goingto trashcan.

And what comes to whiskey it doesnt matter, because im just getting good wibes for bikebuilding.

Don't throw those 38 flat slides in the trash. They're worth money, and are popular on larger displacement twins, like the old BMW airheads with 900-1000cc motors.

I know a guy here in Houston who has a hardtail XS650. He has 36mm flatslides on his, and was barely able to fit them onto the motor because of clearance issues with the frame. I rode that bike, and it has very snappy acceleration, which he attributes to the flat slides.

You've definitely got the streetfighter look going on.

Hard to tell from the photo, but do you have a 2-1 exhaust going into a single Commando-style Peashooter? Dunno about yours but the Peashooters on my Commando have a rather narrow inlet diameter. Only about 1.5" OD. If yours is the same size, this is probably on the small side for a 2-1 muffler. The outlet on my Mac 2-1 header pipe is about 2" OD or so.

Yeah it´s original commando peashooter! It is quite small hole but do you know that 2" pipe can breathe up to 150hp. But setup is only for technical inspection so i can get it registrated in this country, pipes will be something diffrent before next summer.

Figured out what you're gonna do for a seat yet? A tracker style seat might compliment the rather aggressive looks your bike has.

Back