If only...

Bewarethemoon

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get a good look at those E/Ps ( butchery and restrictive towards the outer wall and around the guide itself ) did you see where they cut the head fins on the EP trying to achieve a straight out the port, thats the area of resistance , a red flag should've gone off. Shell would've taken more pride in is workmanship. Look at the intake ,wasn't even touched. If I'm wrong on this,what an eye opener.
I'm calling this
bsmeter.gif

Last edited:
Did you get a good look at those E/Ps ( butchery and restrictive towards the outer wall and around the guide itself ) , a red flag should've gone off. Shell would've taken more pride in is workmanship. Look at the intake ,wasn't even touched. If I'm wrong on this,what an eye opener.

Even without the experienced eye you possess this set off numerous red flags to me, immediate the low price tag, and then the affront to common sense with a claim to of had the motor verified by a ‘XS650 aficionado’

How would any one truly validate this, it always be a ‘leap of faith’, the only confidence would be in a retailer like Gary Hoos who managed to buy some of Shell’s stock.

I really cannot imagine many She’ll engines made it to England, certainly not that would be up for sale for £1200.

exactly ,shells engines would fetch big bucks to a collector. Now I have seen some buyers hit the jack pot with basket cases of shell parts.
I'll be in touch with Gary about valve springs and i'll alert him on this;)

exactly ,shells engines would fetch big bucks to a collector. Now I have seen some buyers hit the jack pot with basket cases of shell parts.
I'll be in touch with Gary about valve springs and i'll alert him on this;)

Does Gary still sell the RD Valve springs, that’s what I’m after.

Surely a genuine Shell head would be worth £1200???

It’s got the ‘d-port’ work though! Ha ha ha

He sells kibblewhite springs,just as good and cheaper with springs only on one kit. The D port is on the E/P and not needed in my opinion.

Of Shell Thuet (from AMA Hall of Fame)...
When inducted into the Motorcycle Hall of Fame in 2001, Thuet, at nearly 90, was still hoisting engines, splitting motors apart, pressing crankshafts, porting heads, boring cylinders and welding crankcases at his little shop on a gravel road in the high desert at the foot of the San Bernardino Mountain Range.
Hope I'm still capable of that at 90.

Back