If you had 200.00 and your wife's permission.....

if you ship somewhere else, permission isn't required! get whatever floats your boat, I just got topnuts for the front end, shocks, and a box of smalls. Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission!

I also prefer to beg forgiveness, but she has just gotten used to it now and it is no longer a big deal. She does the same thing.

If I had $200 to spend though I would probably go for either new exhaust or 700cc kit(need more money but it would be a start).

Well $200 is a small budget. Right now I am contemplating buying a pair of brembo master cylinders, since the cheap chinese ones I bought about a year ago the sight glasses are cracking nothing is leaking but it is only a matter of time, and they are going to run me about $260 + $100 the proper fittings and braided SS lower brake hoses. The next thing I am looking at doing is another hot rod motor. I am working on getting permission for it but I have to save the money up for it and that is going to be a big chunk of change.

Suspension and or brake upgrades. The two best things you can do for any bike.
Leo

...and the wife's permission? Uhhhh, another basketcase with a title. Yeah. Definitely. I'd add it to the two I already have. Sooner or later, with enough pieces/parts, I'm gonna be able to put together a runner...

Permission?????????????? I wear the pants in my house and do not have to ask for any thing. I'm the one who brings in the $$ so I get to say how they are spent. Guess that is why ther are 6 bikes on the place and 30 tractor plus cars and truck also

PERMISSION?????
When I met my first wife I picked her up in a corvette. Before we got married I told her think hard before you commit..... I am weird and do what I want when I want. You will have what you want,
That's how I live my life. I DO WHAT I WANT.
Trips-Bikes-CARS-TOOLS if I needed them I bought them
All 5 of my kids went to collage ME NEVER seen the doors. I worked hard and made sure my wife and kids had everything they needed.
Everyone lives different and if you felt that you had to ask first that's on you. Does she ask you when she comes home with shoes?????
Dude you know you are going to get beat up on this BIKES and PERMISSION are not WORDS that go together HAHA
BE GOOD take care of your family.:D

I don't know what your bike lacks.
But like the others I never asked permission from my wife.
If I had I would never put it in writing ON WEB SITE.
Ya know you can change the title with in 24 hours.
If your bike is running good and you don't know what your bike needs, I guess you should put it in the bank.
Nothing wrong with getting along with wife and making decisions with her.
But ask for or let her try to give you her permission. :doh:

Yes, you're talking about someone who thinks going out to dinner and dropping $100+ is a good idea, lol.

My most recent order from Mikes. Close enough?

1 02-6527 Damper Rubber-rider footrest-(set/4) 18.65 18.65
2 18-0866 Gasket - oil dipstick 5.50 11.00
1 18-0874 O-Ring - Tach drive housing 1.45 1.45
2 49-0704 Chrome Thick Washer - 10x27x4.5mm. 2.75 5.50
1 49-0713 Exhaust Acorn/Crown Nut & Lock Washer Set 11.90 11.90
1 01-9023 Oil Seal-tacho drive 5.85 5.85
1 16-4659 Mirror Adapter Set 8mm. to 10mm 6.95 6.95
1 19-0060 Stainless Steel Spoke Set 18" Rear 36 spoke 71.00 71.00
1 19-0061 Stainless Steel Spoke Set 19" Front 36 spoke '72-84 71.00 71.00
1 02-2600 Footrest Rubber XS650 77-84, Flat Metal 10.55 10.55

Total = $213.85

Brakes and suspension done, engine running very well, just a little oil seeping around the tach drive and oil filler. Rebuilding the wheels is my project this week.

Almost 400 miles last Saturday! 4gps.info

21st anniversary today. I wear the pants, but sometimes I let her try them on. I was
making a joke and trying to creatively ask what upgrades my brethren would do with said 200.00. I myself am thinking about powder coating my frame.

Congratulations that's a mighty fine run
Well we were just having a little fun.
Hard to go wrong with a powdered coated frame.
I have no wife so what the hell do I know anyway.

Last edited:
$200? 1st size over pistons and rings.....or friction plates and performance clutch springs and cover gasket....or to the new shed fund......or....as for permission? FFFSSTTTTT! I handle the checkbook.....she never looks......and if she does, it's too late....and it would be on one of the cards I pay anyway.....

I can usually sneak $200 under the wire, as I pay the bills and she wouldn't know points from electronic ignition. I usually buy crap projects that are cheap and sneak tons of money into them.

Back