I'm just sayin',,, ya know???

Gordon

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
:wtf: I had been workin' for this guy for 3 years now. I get laid off every year in January & called back about now. So, all my tool's, equipment, ect. has been there all this time.I went there about 5-6 weeks ago to see how things are, they were very slow. Went looking for the wheels for my Cherokee, not there. The mech. who seemed ok while I was there assured me that they were there, just could not remember where they were. So, I said 'Ok, find them & I'll come back in a week or 2'. Went back 2 weeks ago, no wheel's!!! I look around for some of my things, WTF, my BRAND NEW bearing puller set from SNAP-ON is missing from it's perch on the wall. About now I am smokin', 'cause nobody know's nothin'.I go into the office & ask the boss/ owner where my stuff is. He say's 'What stuff? I told you guy's not to leave anything here." So , before I committ homicide, I leave. I called him later on, after coolig off for a while, & I get the same bullshit answer. So I said that I am coming to get the rest of my stuff before it's all stolen. I waited 2 day's, got a friend to help me, & proceed down to the garage & get my stuff. This mech. he got tell's me that I can't get my stuff. I Yelled at him about this bullshit has to stop right now. I called the cop's, they come. The owner finally get's there & proceeds to tel me & the cop's that I can't get my stuff until I come up with $450 dollars for a uniform that I do not have. Both cops look at me a say' What, your uniform made out of gold?' Then they tell the owner that even if I owed him a million dollars, that he cannot hold my personal belongings. That is his stuff, and you cannot do that.He starts throwing stuff around like a 2 year old, cussin about this & that. Long story shortened, I got what I could get, he got arrested for disturbing the peace. However, I am still out a set of wheels for my truck, my puller set that cost me close to $2500, and allot of miscellaneous things, too numerous to mention. Come to find out, the owner is doing anerobic steroids for muscle (head) building. -I knew he had to be on drugs!!!! So, the morale is do not EVER leave anything any where that is of value. Thanx for letting me vent.

Sorry to hear that Gordon. I don't what to say, I would probably been in trouble instead of leaving like you did.

Last edited:
Thank you guy's. Oh yea, I am sure his is coming. Not gonna be at my hands though. He is not worth it. Ya know it's funny, just about everyone I have ever worked for would take me back in a heartbeat. I dunno, guess those steroids really f**k you up. I had heard of that, and I have seen allot of down right junkie behavior, but that was just unbelievable. Thanx again guy's.

Yeah mate, what a dickhead!

On the plus side, without dickheads like that, you wouldn't know how shit hot the good people are!

file a police theft report, let them ask a few questions, it what they are supposely paid to do, keep them off the street and out of the donut shops

Jeez, what an arse.. Made my blood boil reading that , hope youre sorted out now m8

YEAH..WHAT HE SAID....I never leave anything of value out of my sight. We have guys go out disabled for months and leave huge Snap-On tool boxes full of tools sitting. I cannot be that trusting after what I see going on all around. There atre people that you can trust , but not many. Wish you luck on getting your tools and wheels back....Kev.

file a police theft report, let them ask a few questions, it what they are supposely paid to do, keep them off the street and out of the donut shops

Please do file a theft report, that way it will be listed for not only insurance purposes but if they are found, something can be done.

also Jayel WE dont just sit in the donut shops all day.... most of the time we get them to go.:D:D

Well, the police said that if I wanted to, I could go to the courthouse & file a complaint against him & they would support me. But then I am out some more cash, as the court's here do not take credit card's. The money is not allot, but then I have to figure time lost, potential job implications,( just went back to another guy today), and the chance's of me ever seeing anything from this, well, I got 2 chances, slim & none.
I got to talk with the guy who owns the Snap-In franchise around here, as he had problem's with him while attempting to repossess a guys box who worked there. Of course, I find out all this after I worked for this bun-head. I am glad that I do buy quality tool box's & such, as the round lock cylinders are pretty hard to pick. Just imagine if I left the box's unlocked!!! The puller set was in it's own cabinet, that hangs of the wall. Same lock set-up, but plexiglass facia.
The Snap- On guy figures the owner took it & sold it, as he has been known to do. I didn't see him do allot of shady shit, but have seen some.
It's just so nce to get it up the shute without any Vasoline!

Just do the honourable thing Gordo, wait a few years, walk in there & take what you want with interest, lay a turd on the door stop, rape his cat, piss in his fridge & post a CRAIGS LIST ad!

i know how you feel gordon, im an auto mechanic that has to buy all his own tools because we work on all makes and models....thousands of specialty tools and regular tools...11k tool box from snap-on and maybe 20k in tools alone...i work with two other guys, 2 apprentice techs(oil/tire guys) and maybe 10 salesman/counter people who have been there for years and i make sure everything is locked up every night....my money is not something someone will steal from me.......a can of gas and a match is what that guy deserves..

Back