In Uniform

jtbeaufort

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Not the greatest pics, but I think it looks pretty good. Before and after.

Attachments

• 1307649233_124_FT20915_xs650_.jpg
    1307649233_124_FT20915_xs650_.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 1310719491_124_FT20915_uni1_.jpg
    1310719491_124_FT20915_uni1_.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 1310719491_124_FT20915_uni2_.jpg
    1310719491_124_FT20915_uni2_.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 266
Yep, I think fork seals and flaking paint on the forks will be an eventual problem but all in all I like the look. One thing I might change because I often spend several hours at a time in the saddle, would be a fatter seat but if you're doing mostly short hops or you're young enough then the skinny seat is fine.

Besides, we'll all need fork seals eventually, painted or not.

when the forks do hemorrhage, clean all the green off the stanchions & install some gators

I do like the saddle bags...where are they from...???

Wow, I'm probably going to loose sleep over the fork issue. Probably. The bags are from my horse, but dont match the rest of my tack, so I decided to use them on the bike. Like the gator (gaiter?) idea, didn't even think of it.

I don't think the bike is terribly ugly but I would have done it different. I don't like it being all green.

If it was intended to look army, I'd have a black frame, black chromed parts, green tank, grips, green fork lowers, green rims.

just thinking of all the equipment i've ever seen =)

That siad, I made really cool saddlebags out of a pair of old army backpacks once. take a piece of leather or rawhide and use that as a backing and just sew the bags onto it. They look great. I laid the bags UNDER my seat across the rear. wish I had a picture of that still

also, weld a stone guard headlight cover over your headlamp ring. that'll look sweetly.

GaTLqPqk-PijSub5xC8g1__YRGrLU2qkUl4iMYcJXbfDQCjguzNKRZxJyhZoANhKIS2mjezMEl3O3hNyZ9cXFn3J_IeaYvbMtYgbq0sw1os-PBs61U74_yzA8obt4F3a8cz-4w-tgU-b5GrRagN2pUFB4Dy_

I like it! it has the perfect sheen to it. I would try to get a few more bits black to break it up a bit. Nice bags as well.

Since I'm not a motorcycle guy (I'm a VW guy) and I'm not retarded (well, at least I'm not on anyone's caseload), I did some searching on fork tube oil leaks to educate myself further, and am stripping the paint off and installing a set of black gaiters. I appreciate the gentle nurturing support of the list and appreciate the advice. Next time don't sugar-coat it.

If you're being ironic that is one of the better deliveries I've seen. Otherwise, well there's no reason to antagonize when offering advice. For my part I've always found it best to correct gently, in case I'm wrong so I look like less of an asshole.

Too late sgallaty.....

Florida is full of army green gators.
I'd pay to see a video of you shoving a fork tube up one's..... well you know.

Last edited:
Back