Inexpensive Replacement 1970-1974 XS650 Decals

Orion61

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, I found a place that makes reproduction Decals at a pretty low price, $69.95 unfortunately they
only make them for the 75B. I emailed them and asked them why they didn't make them for other years
and this was their reply:

Yes, so far we have only made the replacement decals for the 1975 model but we would like to work with you to make the decals for the 1970-1974 models. If you are willing to work with us to make the reproductions for you XS650 let us know and we can offer a discount on your order.

Let us know what you decide. Thanks, Tom (service@replacementdecals.com)

Like us on Facebook for Special Discounts: http://www.facebook.com/replacementdecals

I'll hand the ball off to you guys that are restoring your bikes, but IF you can find the decals they are much more expensive at other places.
Orion

I just got another reply from the Decal places owner. He needs GOOD tracings OR a tank/Side covers with intact Decals for each year. He offered me a free set of decals for tracings! SO If you have a bike you are going to restore, this is a good way to save about 90 bucks and get a set of decals that are hard to get.
Tom is anxious to get going on these. If you are interested I can give you his contact information.
tracing.jpg

Big red. Was that the honda with the big atv tires? There is one for sale here in shelton. Looks goofy

" Big red. Was that the honda with the big atv tires?"
Angus I believe you nailed it! The only thing uglier was that 2 wheel drive thing that only went about 15 MPH.
Built for the Desert or Mountain trails. I saw one on Pawn Stars..
As for the 70s being painted on, I never knew that, but I haven't owned one. 70 is about the only year I haven't !
I really love the LOOK of the 73TX the best that Saphire Blue Sparkle is so beautiful! 2nd best are the 71 Gold Sparkle. Then the 76 powder Blue, the 72,
the 75... become a blur tied for 3rd. But this place only charges $69.00 for the full Decal set! I have seen the side cover decals cost more than that!
I ordered a set of them from these guys for my 75B they seem to made out of high quality material and the color and fit are dead on.

I think they were being general about the decals, those that had tank decals and side cover decals or just tank decals. my 73 had decals on the tank, my 71 had either a decal or painted on, either way they can make decals to replace the painted adornments.

WOW the 1975 Decal set (European) there is $119.00 plus shipping, I don't know if there is any difference in the USA decals, I couldn't see any. I paid $89.00 that included the full decal set an application kit and shipping.
But the 73 Tank decals there are $95.00 plus shipping and the side covers have an "Electric" Decal and are an extra $22.00 Plus shipping
which makes them 61% higher priced. Still seems like a lot of money for some clear plastic film with water proof ink!

Check out the page with the "Complete Decal Sets", they are cheaper than buying them as part sets. Not as cheap as your supplier though.

Euro and US 75B decals were different on the side cover. The 73 Decals have the side-cover decal as part of the full price $95.00

Diablo Cycles have the same Emblems/Badge at half the price. The 73TX Tank badge is sold as a 73/74TX650A.............Guess that will confuse some and lose a sale or 2.

Last edited:
I sure wish that I had both of them in my hand to see the difference. I replaced a couple Fender Guitar Decals because Fender wants you to send in the neck and they want to replace them and rework the neck. It depends from supplier to supplier but I have seen some that are pretty thick and ugly.
On the other hand those survive a guy like me with 10 thumbs on his hands!

Back