Intro - can someone in Milwaukee help a brother out?

lobster

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I'm a noob. Owned bunches of motorcycles. My wife says I have a problem...

I've never built a bike before but always wanted to. I have no idea how I ran across the idea of building a bobber / chopper out of an XS650, but I did. Then I found this forum. You guys make some cool stuff!

I hope one day to be able to show off my build...which leads me to my next point. I'm near Memphis. I found a guy on CL near Milwaukee who is selling a project for $500...seems like a good deal to me. I have no way to get to Milwaukee anytime soon.

Anyone trust a noob far enough to work out some kind of deal to help me get it? I hope none of you guys swipe this out from under me!

I'm all ears....help!

It's 100ish miles from me. He also has to get it gone real soon, he's moving....

That ain't an '82 engine- or headlight, for that matter.
'82 came out as a Heritage Special and blacked out fenders, head lamp, forks etc.
'81 had the mags and the rear brake was a drum. I suspect that's an '81 he's got there. No telling how it got titled as an '82.......late model '81?

Gary I can't believe your not trying to at least buy the seat(which screams '79 F).
Nice bike and low miles. If it 20 min.s from me. . . .the little bride would just have to get over it.
While not the original paint it is done well.

Gary I can't believe your not trying to at least buy the seat(which screams '79 F).
Nice bike and low miles. If it 20 min.s from me. . . .the little bride would just have to get over it.
While not the original paint it is done well.

You just had to say that didn't yah?

:mad::mad::mad:

I'll be sleeping in the shed and there is NO floor space left!

It's not perfect but with few parts from the stash it should end up as a rather nice "survivor". Guy spent $400 at a local independent bike "speed" shop, wish I could get what they do for doing basically nothing AND fuggling a few things!

Yes it's a 79, numbers, title and all

Back