Is there any 5mm thick rotor that will bolt to an XS hub?

durgam_K

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just as it says. I have looked briefly through the topics section and not gotten a solid answer. I want to design some adapter plates to bolt good late model rotors to XS forks. I know most of them are 5mm. I have a good assortment of calipers, but none of them will open up to these Fat Heavy-ass rotors.

I know a member has a nice one here already, but i have some brembos from a Duc, and Newer Gixxer. (which are too thick to fit on Spoke wheels ):(. Seca, Katana, Lots

I know XS850, and 1100's will bolt up, but how thick are they. I think 750 seca's will bolt up as well.
Any help will be greatful!!

Kris

SR500 rotors are 5mm thick and bolt right on. I've had one on mine for several years now.

I have a pair of rotors that the Ebay seller claimed came off an XS1100. They bolt right on, same diameter and slotted. Like the look of the slotted rotors. When they got here and I found they were 5 mm thick, and weighedcmuch less than the 7 mm thick was just a plus.
As you search for them, ask the sellers to measure them.
I might search "Yamaha front brake rotor" You will get a ton of them, most won't be right but it will show all Yamaha rotors. Just look through them and ask the sellers for measurements. Those that won't measure just skip.
Leo

There a Ducati discs that bolt up, but I'm not sure which ones. There was a thread here or on the other xs board. They are late model, and I even found some on ebay, but can't remember now.

John

There a Ducati discs that bolt up, but I'm not sure which ones. There was a thread here or on the other xs board. They are late model, and I even found some on ebay, but can't remember now.

John

Pretty sure that Ducati 916 and 748 rotors will bolt right up. Most of the variants of the 916/748 will probably be the same e.g. ST2/4 etc Aprilia RS125 are probably the same as well.

Secondhand Ducati rotors aren't cheap (for a secondhand brake component) and they do wear quite quickly, so check the thickness of the rotor before buying - there are a few sets out their at around 3 - 3.5mm thick, which is IMO a little too thin.

As said above I would getthe seller to measure up

Thanks guys. I can ask a buddy with a 1998 Duc 900ss to borrow an old rotor to check that one too. I want to be able to get a modern floater for replacement if possible, but beggars can t be choosers right?

Just trying to save as much weight as possible on my build.

MikesXS Part #30-3065 4mm thick floater. Here is a pic of it installed on my CB750 HondaHa with a complete front end from a '82 XS650 Special with 64 spoke wheels.

hondaha4.jpg

left-side discs from 1980-1982 XS1100s - 3H5-25381-10-00 - these have slots

Attachments

• 21 inch rim and tire.JPG
    21 inch rim and tire.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 74
Back