Isle of Man TT

Well I do. I find it amazing that anyone can do those speeds on that course in that area. But I do feel bad for the loss of life that seems to follow.

Bug,
All the riders go because the buzz is brilliant, and if you ask any of the riders they love it and they say it is the best race in the world.

I suppose with every high is a low.

Usually if you put a Englishman a Scot A Irishman and a Taffy in the same place they end up kicking six shades of shit out of each other but they all love the bike racing and the Isle of Man TT racers is a great leveller on the track.

Leslie

Bug,
All the riders go because the buzz is brilliant, and if you ask any of the riders they love it and they say it is the best race in the world.

I suppose with every high is a low.

Usually if you put a Englishman a Scot A Irishman and a Taffy in the same place they end up kicking six shades of shit out of each other but they all love the bike racing and the Isle of Man TT racers is a great leveller on the track.

Leslie

Don't get me wrong, I know what you are talking about. Dying doing something you love would be the best way to go. Those riders sure do put on a great show that is for sure. One day I will have to go and see it in person.

We have terrible luck with consistency. I don't know where to find it on television from one year to the next, but I'm always looking. Takes great big clanking balls to rocket around the island. What's the all-out lap record average speed now? 135MPH? Son of a Bitch! The year David Jeffries (R.I.P.) won the superbike class was the last year we had good TV coverage for the week. Since then, we always get the 1 hour re-cap, if anything at all. Discovery HD had it on, but if you don't have an HD package, you are S.O.L.

Keep sending those crazy gents over there!

Had a chance to go to the 100th that was 3 or 4 years ago, however 24hr Lemans and the F1 race at Monaco were all in the same weekend. I ended up going to the F1 race.

jd750ace,
You must watch a DVD called "Closer to the Edge".

I think that there are a couple of Yanks who race.

Dave Jeffreys was local to me, boy he was built like a brick shit-house.

The local hero now from this part of the UK is a bloke called Guy Martin,,he is a proper section 8 hopefully he will be up for the Senior TT a week on saturday

I've seen a couple of interviews with Guy Martin. Actually, I was watching the same-day coverage back when Mr. Jeffries was racing, but I have seen Closer'.

It seems as though ever since I have known about the TT, a Dunlop has been running! Mr. McGuiness has been at it a while, along with Adrian Archibald. DAMN I MISS SAME DAY COVERAGE! I HATE YOU, NASCAR! YOU HAVE RUINED THE SPEED CHANNEL!!!!!

jd750ace,
You must watch a DVD called "Closer to the Edge".

I think that there are a couple of Yanks who race.

Dave Jeffreys was local to me, boy he was built like a brick shit-house.

The local hero now from this part of the UK is a bloke called Guy Martin,,he is a proper section 8 hopefully he will be up for the Senior TT a week on saturday

I recently watched this in its entirety on YT. I'll have to find the link, as it was evidently piped from Japan. It's an incredible documentary.

TC

Nascar is the one where everybody gets a 750HP billboard and drives around in left hand circles for 3.5 hours.
As if that's not bad enough, they pretty much own the only decent motorsports network we have, so they feel the need to put in about 110 hours a week of coverage on the billboard race, and the soap opera in the pits.

At least I still get World Superbike! Best racing series in the world!

Cant make the TT this year, though my brother & my mates are off there on monday (the bastards!)...Ill be at the Manx GP in August though , a better weeks racing in my opinion.:thumbsup:

I prefer the Manx GP they used to show it on RTE TV and my uncle used to record it and send it over,,,actually the Manx is on my must do list before I go all Victor Meldrew.

I like the NW200 in the 6 counties as well

leslie

Ace,
WSB what a championship I have got to agree with you I think it is the best closed circuit racing on the International scene. Those Aprilia's look the dogs bollocks

Do you get British Super bike over that side of the pond Mucker.

Leslie

I recently watched this in its entirety on YT. I'll have to find the link, as it was evidently piped from Japan. It's an incredible documentary.

TC

The BBC did one some years ago/70s/80s it was fantastic for the limited equipment they had.

I have seached and never found it:banghead::banghead:, the BBC archives are massive:doh:

Leslie

Frky,
You chose F1 over the TT,,,boy did you miss out.

Hope your anal retention was OK whilst watching F1.:))

Yea, I wanted so badly to go to the TT or 24hr, but the logistics were much more difficult than me getting a rental and driving up to Monaco. Ive never seen such a filthy display of money as Monaco.

Back