"It's Alive"

tonyc

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I fired up my engine on the test stand tonight. It goes in the frame in the morning. No leaks. I added the oil filter cooler combination. I do not like the look but having a real filter is good. I will send pictures when finished. I am getting closer. The other TC

I finished mounting the engine. I was worried about messing up my Powder coating. Never happened. I just grabbed the motor by the kick starter and the exhaust ports and lifted it to gently settle in the rear mount and lower mount. I slid the lower mount bolt first and then the rear followed by the upper and then the front. The hardest was the front due to the powder coat build up. I am going to watch a little football and then tighten everything. Pictures will follow I promise. The other TC

Well I am not finished but closer. Here are a few updated pictures. Tony C

Attachments

• PA020008.JPG
    PA020008.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 137
  • PA020009.JPG
    PA020009.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 139
  • PA020010.JPG
    PA020010.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 136
  • PA020011 2.JPG
    PA020011 2.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 129
Very nice job so far, tonyc! Really captures the essence of a British roadster. What headpipes and mufflers did you use? I think they really make the bike look great!

Danno, They are from Mikes 1.5 inch headers and Brit style mufflers. I do have a set of BSA mufflers still wrapped from 1968 that I may use. Thanks for the kind words. Tony C

:laugh:I have found they run better if you put carbinaters on them :laugh: like the blacked out fenders, did that to my SR500

Well I mounted the Mikuni's today along with a Magura Throttle and bar-end-mirrors. I also altered my muffler mounts so they are almost hidden. I put on my grips and mounted and bled a stock master cylinder. Sunday I will mount the Sparx alternator and do some wiring. I am getting closer. Tony C

Attachments

• PA090010.JPG
    PA090010.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 108
Back