its in ! as the actress said to the Bishop ..~

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't sure I could lift the damn thing on my own as I have a crushed L5/S1 disc but hey.....nothing ventured etc.........:D:thumbsup:

Hey, peanut, congra..... (*oof* - *grunt*) .....tulations! Got 'er in!

Can you imagine back when we were kids, doing that all day, every day, every week, with Honda cb450s, cb750s, cb500s, Harley panhead and shovelheads, Triumph twins and triples, Goldwings?

Thanx for the memories, I think I'll sit down for a while...

thanks guys :thumbsup:

its not that I'm not strong enough anymore its just the risk to my back . It took me 4x years to learn to walk normally again after I lost my disk in 2005. i sure don't want to end up in a wheel chair again.:(

Anyway its in and bolted up now ...the rest should be easy

thanks Lasper01 :thumbsup:

Its my first bike engine build so I'm really looking forward to the first run providing there is no problems.

Good on ya lad.....keeping it down to bare bones too, as in sans side covers , carbs and whatnot. Every ounce counts. Smart.

Last time I called myself a 'stupid son of a bitch' was when I picked up a 650 engine off the floor to put in my little red wagon for hauling to the frame....yeah, undid a bunch of chiropractic work on that one.

Well done Peanut, I was lifting the thing with you.

Anlaf

thanks Anlaf. I was waiting for something to go pop but so far it hasn't :D

How are you getting on with yours ? I suppose you are waiting on a rebore and pistons etc .

God, that video gives me hope for the future. I will likely be having back surgery this year. Good to know that I might still be able to do things like that and get around as well as you do. Job well done!

God, that video gives me hope for the future. I will likely be having back surgery this year. Good to know that I might still be able to do things like that and get around as well as you do. Job well done!

Hope you can avoid surgery . I did some extensive research and didn't like the options and prognosis for my own situation.
My Son had his vertebrae fused when he was 21 and it took many years before he could go back to riding full time as a jockey.

The Human Body has some remarkable recovery physiology if given sufficient time to heal. Even simple rotation cuff strains take 12-18 months to heal but they do heal completely eventually. The older you are the longer you need to allow .:wink2:

Over the years I have found the one thing that has made more difference than anything else is to exercise and strengthen the core muscles (protect the tiny back muscles from strain)......oh and avoid stupid lifting like I just did with my engine lol.

Attachments

• mri.jpg
    mri.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Good on ya lad.....keeping it down to bare bones too, as in sans side covers , carbs and whatnot. Every ounce counts. Smart.

Last time I called myself a 'stupid son of a bitch' was when I picked up a 650 engine off the floor to put in my little red wagon for hauling to the frame....yeah, undid a bunch of chiropractic work on that one.

My wife thanks you - she's a chiropractor ;-) When I put my engine back in the frame, I did the lift & shuffle too. Heavy bugger! Then I went and whined to my wife until she adjusted me ;-)

Back