its in ! as the actress said to the Bishop ..~

Peanut, I feel your pain. Wedge Compression Fractures at T9 and L1. Constant discomfort. But I deal with it. I guess that's what I deserved for not securing a load in my work van.

Nice job mate. I had a friend do all the heavy lifting for me. :D

Damn Peanut you should have given me a call I would have helped you lift that heavy old thing into your frame.

thanks Rusty :thumbsup:
One of the downsides of living far away from anyone is that there is never anyone near when you need someone to help :doh::D#

On my old bike I just laid the engine on its side on top of something soft. Then I just maneuvered the frame around the engine sideways. I had the frame down bare though, so it was fairly light. Worked a lot better than trying to lift the engine into the frame for me. After it was in, I simply put the forks and rear tire on and titled it back up.

On my old bike I just laid the engine on its side on top of something soft. Then I just maneuvered the frame around the engine sideways. I had the frame down bare though, so it was fairly light. Worked a lot better than trying to lift the engine into the frame for me. After it was in, I simply put the forks and rear tire on and titled it back up.

yes that would definitely be the best way to install an xs engine but unfortunately it wasn't an option for me as I had a fully built bike as you can see in the video:wink2:

Good job peanut:thumbsup: is this another project or the same one you was talking about the oil change?

its the same engine Richard but it is a total rebuild so its completely dry/empty unlike your engine when you do an oil change.Yours will retain some residue oil when you drain it

Bought my oil today $12 per litre which was a complete rippoff.:mad: At least I can fill the crancase now and check for leaks ...:(

I used a chain hoist to take engine out and put back in.
No heavy lifting.

I want one of them !:thumbsup:

I'll need a 'sky hook' first though, as a plastic conservatory won't hold much weight

How long did it take you to put the engine into the frame ??

It took me a little over 1 second lol to put the engine in and about 3x weeks to get over the back pain :laugh:

Great job done. What do you eat to become so powerful. But must be feeling some pain in your back and shoulders.

Great job done. What do you eat to become so powerful. But must be feeling some pain in your back and shoulders.

:D:D I eat everything

My eX Wife used to hide food around the house !

I strike terror into the hearts of my Family when I go to visit :laugh:

I have a nice 5ton gantry hoist for sale. Shipping might be a bit much though

Attachments

• 0618131214c.jpg
    0618131214c.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 118
I hate to make a suggestion, well after the fact... but. I am on my first build also and have watched enough episodes of Cafe Racer and Harley Build shows on TV. On one, and only one, build I saw a couple of old guys that took the engine and laid it on it's side on the ground (softly on cardboard, etc.). Picked up the frame and set it over the engine, bolted up the mounts then righted the engine and carried it back to the work area. Very easy to start all of the mounting bolts when you can shift the frame.

That is how I did mine and it was really easy. I was actually more concerned with scratching my freshly powder coated frame than my back.

the gantry crane is cool. IMO it's not to much.
I build a gantry of sorts to install my engines. I use 8' ladder,one end of my video screen frame, a 8' 4x4 and a chain hoist.
full

full

full

full

full

Back