Junkyards in AZ

alfredo, I do not know what ProClass purchase Means ..so Im a going to assume no.. lol

Have you made it Up to Rva yet this year?

alfredo, I do not know what ProClass purchase Means ..so Im a going to assume no.. lol

Have you made it Up to Rva yet this year?

Don't know what ProClass means. . . . :eek: Let me enlighten you fellow richmond-onian: click this.

Not yet, still working on getting the bike together. Trying not to rush and get it right. You will be the first to know though, for sure.

Don't know what ProClass means. . . . :eek: Let me enlighten you fellow richmond-onian: click this.

Not yet, still working on getting the bike together. Trying not to rush and get it right. You will be the first to know though, for sure.

HOLY SHIT!! how have I not known about this !! .. and Im about to get paid .. this is not good .. not good at all :devil:

I actually bought that bike from a small middle of nowhere Jy outside of Winchester ( i think it was technically in Wv ) then rode it all the way home like so :D

Poverty, you're right, you cant get a frame for under that shipped (at least a reputable one) i mean hell, even if you HAD an existing frame and wanted the hard-tail weld on kit, thats above 2 Benjamin's itself.

i've heard that here in AZ if you build a custom ride, all you need to do as far as registration (which probably goes for any ground up build, boat, car, truck, bike) is have your department of transportation verify it meets all the state laws and is suitable to be used safely for the activity it was fabricated for, pay the fees:

super talent build your own shit fee,
taxes dont count we want more money fee,
road fee,
he is probably hungry so you'll spot him some lunch fee,
ect ect.

and WAAALAA! you got yourself a legal registered motorized vehicle!

does anyone else have experiences with this in the past? YAMACHOP probably does, he builds the hell out of ground up motorcycles, i heard a rumor he's going for a titanic replica, with a turbo! i duno tho.. just a rumor bahah.

Building a your own custom vehicle is almost always allowed as long as you jump thru there hoops ... here in Va its almost double the price of a shipped frame after everything is said and done

Well I hate to say it but you guys were right. I went to bobs on Saturday and there was no decent bikes. Everyone either had a seized motor or it was just a total piece of shit haha. I'm just gunna have to be patient on craigslist, iv been checking everyday but so far nothing.

I've purchased from bobs, and i can tell you from my 5 trips i was lucky to stumble across a sealed XS motor that i dug out from under several others behind a semi trailer for 250 bucks with nothing on it. I've been through almost every XS he's got ( about 30 scavenged carcasses ) no electric, usable carbs, stators/PMA's, kick/starters, alternator cover plates. if you think you are gonna walk in with 500 bucks to a junk yard and ride away into the sunset you got another thing coming. I am doing all the work myself to this motor and im looking at at least 1600 bucks just to make it road worthy and reliable to where i wont be stranded on the AZ highways, not even including if i wanted to bore or rephase.. add an extra 5+ grand onto that and I'll have my nice dream build. i gave up my pipe-dream of a $1200 ride awhile ago, you want something to be proud of i completely understand.. but you are going to end up investing some hard cash and hours (days, months, & so far 3 dinners with apology explanations to the wife about missing dough from the accounts) and that's to say you even have the right equipment or friends with nice fab shops ( hydraulic benders, tig/mig, band saw, lifts, full set of wrenches and necessity items for an everyday fabrication project ) not trying to discourage you because I am all for the DIY'fers but just beware because that little snowball idea you got in your pocket is gonna turn into a blizzard and f**k your face.... if you are looking for fun and don't want to sink yourself into a year long garage queen then save the 500 until you get about 3grand and buy the ride able & registered bobbers on craigslist. but if you are determined, then chop on my friend!

LMAO! Sad but true.

I've been down to Bob's a couple times and all the good stuff has already been dug through. Although still good for odds and ends.
But like everyone else said, craiglists is the way to go.
I search it daily, hasn't been much on there lately, keep you eyes peeled.
I'm moving back to NY in a month. If I don't get my shit together I might end up selling the 1 of the 2 I have... But I plan on keeping em for the haul home..

Back