Just Bought My First Motorcycle...

I don’t even have the bike apart yet and you guys are already calling dibs. Were you guys only being nice to me for my parts?:redface:

Now that I know the demand, prices just went up!:sneaky:
Me-n-Gary... sittin' in a tree....;)

Vulture.gif

I don’t even have the bike apart yet and you guys are already calling dibs. Were you guys only being nice to me for my parts?:redface:

Now that I know the demand, prices just went up!:sneaky:
A lot of people here are on the lookout for good quality parts. If you were doing a restoration or a resurrection you would be too. I hope your build goes well. The guys here will help you out any way they can.:cheers:

Yup - GLJ is right on there.

If you need something or whatever, you first move is to post it here. Chance are somebody has exactly what you need and they'll get it to you waaaayyyy faster and cheaper than any Ebay seller or other source.

Keep-on keepin'-on Kyla!

Pete

PS - I just issued my usual ear-bashing about alternators, alternator brushes and the importance of using JIS screwdrivers in link94's "Blowing main fuse" thread. You might want to check it out here:
http://www.xs650.com/threads/blowing-main-fuse.57260/page-2#post-643644

Last edited:
Welcome Kayla..........bike looks real good and better for that price.....what you see as a bit rough around the edges, for an original bike that starts as easily as yours does, we see you've got a good to better one ......that surface rust is minimal.......selling the parts you might make money and have a bit for the build.........

Do yourself a favor and test the parts before taking them off the bike, talking about the charging system and the ignition. The black box is worth a pretty penny. if the bike is charging good then that makes the Rotor/Stater and ignition pick up and the black box a good system for some one to buy as a complete set........good factory systems are sort after and preferred by a lot of people.........

I know your in a hurry to strip it down, but running it and getting the carbs sorted before a tear down is a good way to learn about the carbs and how to tune, then its just a case of tweaking with the build..........a little patience now will give you a wealth of knowledge..........not that you won't get the help and knowledge form here anyways...........your going into summer over there, ride learn and do mods and save up and build in the winter.......

Just my :twocents:

Last edited:
Hey there and welcome! I started with the very same bike about a year ago!
before 2.jpg
Make sure you do some of the fundamental chassis upgrades once you have it all apart; swing arm bushings and tapered rollers for the steering head. Bagging, tagging, boxing everything is a must! Looking forward to watching yours come together and comparing notes!
This is a great site with a ton of guidance and tech info. Deep wells of experience here and a lot of great advice.
Good Luck!

Attachments

• Roller 2.jpg
    Roller 2.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 123
Back