Just purchased a '70 have A LOT OF work ahead

Oh, it came with a seat and tank. I had just already taken them off already. It's complete. But I agree with the bars. And thanks for the input on the pods

Some people like the bars because they are an original feature of the bike. It all depends on your view regarding restoration.Some would convert your bike to a bopper because they love the engines classic look. My bike is an SH manufactured in June 1980 and I do find the bars make it feel a bit heavy around town but relaxing out of town. I have an injured neck and just cannot tolerate riding leaning forwards anymore like I used to on the RDs.

Enjoy the challenge ahead - it will be worth it!

Looks nice Drew - good for you. One thing: I would not rush to ditch the air box right away. It works well and stock filters are still available - plus the stock carb jets should work well with it. Same with the stock exhaust.

The first rule of troubleshooting a machine is to change just one thing at a time, test and observe. I'd get it running in stock condition before starting to mess with it too much.

Have fun and play safely!

Pete

Back