1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Just Ride.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jim, May 10, 2019.

1. Yes, it's own topic in the Forums

19 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. Nah... threads good enough.

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

“No...Labrador “ You had to see the movie. :laugh2:

Gary, what an awesome trip! That could not be any more different from where I live. Beautiful and primitive looking, and cool so cool! Thanks for sharing!

There can be only one. :cool:

2. MaxPete

MaxPete Life with Lucille...I suggest, she decides. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

When I was a kid, my Mom and Dad bought a used tent trailer and we camped across Canada from coast to coast a couple of times in the early 1970s (before my two sisters and I became too cool to travel with the “olds”). One of the nicest camp grounds anywhere in the country is Kakabeka Falls. I think I recall that Kakabeka was an Indian princess and the falls were her tears as her lover had died.

Another beautiful spot is Pancake Bay - also in Northern Ontario - which has a beach that looks like Florida (but it’s on Lake Superior so you have elbow the ice floes out of the way if you want to go for a dip).

Ahhh...the memories. I’m at Detroit Metro Airport right now flying to Germany on business and all I can think of is camping with my folks.

Pete

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    peanut, geedubya, madmax-im and 6 others like this.
  3. MaxPete

MaxPete Life with Lucille...I suggest, she decides. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

....I guess you didn’t cross at Detroit (home of Mr. & Ms. Crankypants).....:rolleyes:

Wulfbyte, Jim and Greyandridin like this.
  4. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

ha ha! nope lots of motorcyclists doing the circle tour so we were pretty much a cookie cutter pair of riders. He did ask if I bought anything? Said nope, he replied NOTHING? Thought for a second and repeated, nope. he waved me on, I assumed gas and restaurant meals don't count...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    MaxPete, Wulfbyte and Jim like this.
  5. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Mmmmmmmm.
    Campground steaks!

MaxPete, Wulfbyte, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  6. xjwmx

xjwmx XS650 Guru Top Contributor

U.S.A.
    Smuggling food into the country by swallowing it, eh? Don't get caught.

geedubya and gggGary like this.
  7. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Junkie Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

They simply enjoyed the great things we have here, while they were here!!! Wouldn't be the same bringing our stuff from here to over there to enjoy....just not the same lol :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Looks like you guys had fun! JC

MaxPete, Wulfbyte and gggGary like this.
  8. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

Managed to sneak in a couple of hundred miles on the FJ today. Thunderstorms complete with hail chasing me all the way, but just got sprinkled on very lightly a couple of times.

Had fun outrunning the storm front tho. That's my story, Officer...

peanut, MaxPete, madmax-im and 7 others like this.
  9. Downeaster

I need to remember to stop and take some pictures next time. There are some truly stunning views on Route 9 East of Bangor and coming down the East side of Graham Lake.

MaxPete, madmax-im, Wulfbyte and 3 others like this.
  10. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    Were you here? Might be better to use google street view and not interrupt the ride :)

Screenshot from 2019-07-02 19-09-07.png

11. Downeaster

Same road, different spot. I came in from the North end and cut off at Route 200.

Wulfbyte, MaxPete and gggGary like this.
  12. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    Google 2D street view has started to look different since they added the 3D feature, looks almost like game graphics now. I've noticed a few regular still pictures that have a touch of that same quality. Or could be my eyes are messing up.

gggGary likes this.
  13. gggGary

Pulled the wideband O2 off and rode Madness 100 back road miles this evening. Lots of creeks out of their banks.
    Couldn't resist these shots.
    madness arcade.jpg madness arcade1.jpg

14. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

15. gggGary

The starfighter was in the lead coming into the final corner but he ran out of quarters. XS for the win!

Superjet, TwoManyXS1Bs, Jim and 3 others like this.
  16. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

Dam........had my money on the forklift.............

makes for a good pic.....

17. Downeaster

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING???

Ellsworth is the nearest town big enough to have a McDonalds. It's also the Gateway to Bah Hahbah and you MUST go through Ellsworth to get there. Therefore, on a 4 day weekend in July, traffic out the wazoo. Dummy me, I decide it was a good day to ride to town and pick up a few things.

The light at the intersection of Home Depot and Walmart is less than a quarter mile from the light at the intersection of Stupid Street and Get the Hell out of Dodge road (US-1) where I turn right to go home.

It took FIVE, (that's right, 5. Cinco. V. Fünf. ) cycles of the light for me to make it to the turn. Good thing I had the "fan on" point dropped to 200° on the FJ. My legs were getting parboiled tho.

18. madmax-im

madmax-im XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Gary..this is the first i have really seen your bike..Did you write up a build thread? I dont want to ask dumb questions..but i wanted to know what you did ..then i could understand what it is i am seeing on your bike.....That aint stock either...LOL :lmao:
    [​IMG]

Superjet, TwoManyXS1Bs and Jim like this.
  19. gggGary

Ahhh Madness!
    Fair warning this could take a while. She's not a classic beauty but check out July 2019 in the calendar :rolleyes:

Superjet, TwoManyXS1Bs and madmax-im like this.
  20. madmax-im

madmax-im XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Thankyou..I have nothing but time...I saw Mailman's post of the calendar pic...way cool

gggGary and Superjet like this.