Keeps popping main fuse....

You jack a NUT, you would know if your regulator had a short to ground I think.

Brown wire is going to throw off the charging voltage. That wire is the wire the regulator uses to sense the battery voltage, so it knows how much power to send out through the green wire to control the magnetic field created in the rotor. If you add connections in line to it, the regulator will think the battery voltage is lower than it actually is!!!! Jaxk a nut! 🤣🤣🤣
It's also where the power comes from to power the rotor. Think about it if subjectively if you can. :p
:p:p

Like I said at some point you have to get off your dead ass ass and do something.
You can theorize about what the problem is till the cows come home but at some point you need to find it.
You are only going to find it by adding sub circuit fuses unless you get lucky and find the smoking gun.

Like I said at some point you have to get off your dead ass ass and do something.
You can theorize about what the problem is till the cows come home but at some point you need to find it.
You are only going to find it by adding sub circuit fuses unless you get lucky and find the smoking gun.

Haha. I know I know. I just went and picked up a couple in-line fuse holders. Do you think I have this shit just laying around in my garage? Lol.🤣🤣

:geek::redface::laugh2:
20230418_140347.jpg

Hey man, I’m only in my mid 40s and work full-time. I have not accumulated 40 years worth of shit in my garage like most of you.🤣🤣
A few wires and connectors is not 40 years of shit. It's what you get when you are serious about what you are doing. :D
:D

So we have progress on the extra fuses
Should not need to cut any wires .
Which one are we going for and where ?

is it # 103 GLJ

Does anyone know if it is a stock wiring and have a Schematic.
How you all feel about disconnectng the starter and relay for that ?
I’m looking at and doing some work on 75b #7 right now. I’m willing to open it up,whatevers needed to be of help.This gentleman’s 75b,from the many pictures posted definitely is a keeper and I commend his desire to keep it original.However,in my opinion at times a “Dog and Pony Show”.Ben,you and your 75b are respected and definitely noticed.You got this.

Attachments

• 81DE7D18-0DA2-44F7-A271-CCA11E90557F.jpeg
    81DE7D18-0DA2-44F7-A271-CCA11E90557F.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 32
I’m looking at and doing some work on 75b #7 right now. I’m willing to open it up,whatevers needed to be of help.This gentleman’s 75b,from the many pictures posted definitely is a keeper and I commend his desire to keep it original.However,in my opinion at times a “Dog and Pony Show”.Ben,you and your 75b are respected and definitely noticed.You got this.

Hey man I appreciate you! And you’re absolutely correct, I am not going to open up any wire. I will create a jumper before i splice or cut anything on this bike. I mean look at this baby right here. How can you hurt her?? 🤣

Attachments

• 183D0A5B-A968-469C-9B41-09F94FB72734.jpeg
    183D0A5B-A968-469C-9B41-09F94FB72734.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 549EA524-6CCD-4682-93C9-E0CE07821B45.jpeg
    549EA524-6CCD-4682-93C9-E0CE07821B45.jpeg
    515.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 89EEA9C7-E365-4F11-8FAB-E8EED78AA903.jpeg
    89EEA9C7-E365-4F11-8FAB-E8EED78AA903.jpeg
    600.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hey man I appreciate you! And you’re absolutely correct, I am not going to open up any wire. I will create a jumper before a splice or cut anything on this bike. I mean look at this baby right here. How can you hurt her?? 🤣
Yes it’s nice.I like many,many have noticed it’s a very presentable 75b survivor other than the wheels and that exhaust.Just quit messing around,and get it worthy of riding to Gary’s and staying free.

Yes it’s nice.I like many,many have noticed it’s a very presentable 75b survivor other than the wheels and that exhaust.Just quit messing around,and get it worthy of riding to Gary’s and staying free.
And do yourself and others in the TX/XS650 a huge non waste of time part of procedure process when troubleshooting for shorts.Don’t say,you’ve checked it all if you didn’t.You were told,more than once.Document that you did.You May get your bitcoin asking price down the road.Don’t Mortgage it yet though.

Attachments

• CCF352E9-9093-4991-B0DE-02EF7D2FFF37.jpeg
    CCF352E9-9093-4991-B0DE-02EF7D2FFF37.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 39
75XS,

Dude, I apologize for taking so long to reply to your original post in this thread but I am not surprised at all to see how everyone jumped right in to try to help when I didn't. Good group of folks here. I'm sorry to see you're having so much trouble but I understand you wanting to be as minimally-invasive as possible during your troubleshooting. She's a sweet ride. I read through the thread and there is so much here I don't know what else to add at the moment other than I have no doubt you will eventually find the gremlin. I never found a "smoking gun" in my case, I did however find enough shotty PO work that it would have been nearly impossible identify a specific source as there were probably several. Mine was very poorly done before I got it. Yours is different being stock and in good shape, so my solution may not work for you. My bike is custom and I just rewired the entire thing top to bottom and my problem went away. I haven't blown a fuse since and I have no idea what fixed the problem but I know that it was a wiring issue because new wiring resolved it. I might not have done that with a bike like yours, but I do like having a good understanding of my wiring harness having done it myself.

It really is a labor of love. I'll keep an eye on the tread and be as helpful as I can. Keep at it, good luck and have a great weekend.

75XS,

Dude, I apologize for taking so long to reply to your original post in this thread but I am not surprised at all to see how everyone jumped right in to try to help when I didn't. Good group of folks here. I'm sorry to see you're having so much trouble but I understand you wanting to be as minimally-invasive as possible during your troubleshooting. She's a sweet ride. I read through the thread and there is so much here I don't know what else to add at the moment other than I have no doubt you will eventually find the gremlin. I never found a "smoking gun" in my case, I did however find enough shotty PO work that it would have been nearly impossible identify a specific source as there were probably several. Mine was very poorly done before I got it. Yours is different being stock and in good shape, so my solution may not work for you. My bike is custom and I just rewired the entire thing top to bottom and my problem went away. I haven't blown a fuse since and I have no idea what fixed the problem but I know that it was a wiring issue because new wiring resolved it. I might not have done that with a bike like yours, but I do like having a good understanding of my wiring harness having done it myself.

It really is a labor of love. I'll keep an eye on the tread and be as helpful as I can. Keep at it, good luck and have a great weekend.

No worries man ….as long as you’re positive like that and not trying to talk shit like some of these guys who obviously aint got shit else to do in Montana, Nebraska or wherever the hell they are (🤣), we are good man! 💪🏻💪🏻👊🏻👊🏻

Are ya making any progress?

Course. New jumper harness made at the green wire at the regulator. Jumper harness includes an in-line fuse. I will see what happens in the next couple days with that. If that blows a fuse, the problem is now isolated. If not, I will attach a fuse in line to the brown wire in the headlight bucket. Course I’m making progress. Do you think I just read this shit and don’t do anything about it? Come on man.

No worries man ….as long as you’re positive like that and not trying to talk shit like some of these guys who obviously aint got shit else to do in Montana, Nebraska or wherever the hell they are (🤣), we are good man! 💪🏻💪🏻👊🏻👊🏻

Hahahha Young Man Not sure if you know that as a Mortgage man ..

But it is so and has always been so and always will be so if you are aspiring to get Free help from experts As I believe it was Little Feat in a song
Lyrics
Boot Licking Brown Nosed Lackey that's the attitude more appropriate getting free help ---Coping Strategy ..
Some yes Sir --No Sir -.. Immediately Sir ...also Helps

With a real boss with Complex you'll get into trouble or Fired The Ruling Classes so to speak.
Does not matter shit if you are good at the job.

Same with the pretty Ladies .. Cant do as you please .. It comes back when she dumps You.
and then you sit there in the crner watching the tears fill up the half full Beer Glass
This is not a war ..it is cooperation getting you to have a motorcycle asking 15 k

We have seen many selling them in a box for a fev hundred $ Call it Experience

Back