Kickstand

dlabkeeg

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I ground off the old kickstand base and bought a new one. A plain jane weld on chrome kickstand. My question is where should I weld the new one back on? I've seen them all the way on the back of a bike. The only place I'm not welding it is where I ground the old base off. Just got a few more welds then it's off to powder coat.

Where are your pegs going to be? I'd say put it somewhere so that when you stop riding, and your feet come off the pegs to the ground, it's a natural movement for your left heel to reach to find the sidestand.

For example: if you have mid-controls, have the knob your heel will catch slightly further back than the main pegs. That way you come to a stop, put both feet on the ground momentarily, then the left leg naturally returns to and almost-riding position (just slightly further back) and engages the sidestand.

That's my take on things. The worst would be somewhere you have to crane your neck over to see what part of your bike your clobbering with your boots just to get it to stand up on its own! Haha

HTH
Logan

- when positioning it make sure you dont have too much or too little lean on your bike

Back