Lapping valves the lazy man's way.

Makita have been my go to tools for 30 odd years, drills power-saws, grinders, battery drills. Pretty robust but like most gear there are the very few failures, mostly due to my failures like dropping the power saw off the roof, cutting through the power lead, other than that the tools just wore out, from use as a carpenter, from old age.

Also Makita does sell tools in their range that look the same but have less output, eg: 600watt instead of 750watt. Especially drills and grinders.

Those that are on the cheap and not in the trade don't usually pick that up, then complain about the tools ability or quality.

Another thing about Makita I really like is they fit my hands,(and I don't have small hands), A lot of other brands are to bulky.

Also the power-saws plate is designed to be able to easily see where to cut.
My criteria for a tool is "one time use" or "lifetime use". To that end a cheap one time use palm sander (4"x4") I bought to prep my sailboat hull for fairing and finishing 20 years ago is still doing the annual spring time job but making more noise about the task.

Yea i have done the same thing buying Handyman/home tools if i know i am not going to use them often. Still have a couple that turned out to be value for money and others that lasted as long as the job or not up to the necessary application. Can till have a value, and the odd one where i saved money on the tool but had to spend more replacing it after it crapped out part way through..............

Back