left side cover gaskets?

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
Guys, i'm having issues locating a gasket for the left side cover. can you point me in the right direction? thanks ahead of time.

Left side doesn't have to be a real good gasket. Might just consider using what you have. It's mainly to keep water and crud out of the generator compartment. One famous guy even drilled holes in the cover to let air in "to help keep the generator cool" convinced that water wouldn't hurt it. So you see.

That's all there is. There is no gasket around the rest of the cover. That gasket just seals around the alternator area, which is all that needs sealing.

I don't use a gasket there. With the round cover spaced out 1/4 inch for airflow for cooling, stuff can get in so the gasket isn't doing much to keep stuff out.
Leo

While you have the side cover off, see if you can loosen the locking nut on the clutch adjuster. They can be stubborn. Once it's away from the plastic part you can apply a little heat. Then clean it all up and pack the plastic part with grease and use blue locktite on the two screws holding it all on. And anti-sieze on the lock nut. If the plastic part has cracks it can make the clutch lever not so effective. Mine didn't but I've heard of some that did.

Back