Left side cover

vballkid77

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
New to motorcycles so bear with me. Im trying to remove the left side crank case cover to get at the alternator/stator. I have removed all the bolts, however, there is still the clutch cable going through the cover, does that need to be removed as well and if so how do I go about that. There is also some sort of adjustment nut for the clutch that seems to be holding me back. From everything I read it just says remove the bolts, pop the cover off, but its just not popping off? Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
You can leave the clutch stuff alone. The cable routes inside to the clutch throw out assembly. Easiest to take the cable off the perch (clutch lever) and take it with you. There are 2 locating dowels still holding it in place as well as the shift shaft and years of grime. Just work it gently and it will pop off.. Yamaha assumed every bolt would have never seize and free of buildup... uh huh.

ahhh nevermind, got it....a little coaxing and a big rubber mallet, sorry for the stupid question

We all go through a learning curve with new things....There are no "stupid questions".

Back