Lesters Swing Arm bobber, Brat type build thread

I like the idea of split tank.
I would keep the big head light.
Or You can send it to me and I'll use it!:shrug:just sayin
Looking good brother!

Sorry Carbon! I called dibs on the headlight last month! lol! :D

LOL thanks guys..
GeorgeKillianLett... Carb has got you....
This is the big head light but same style as the small one I rebuilt.
I really like the small one... I may steel it back from my wife since she got the CF tank.
I really like jdzions use of the HD Dyna Flairingr too... but I don't want it to look like I wanted to build a mini HD with the HD tanks too. Hmmm :shrug:

Lester

Mock up looks sweet Lester! I like the idea about narrowing the tank. If I had the skills I would have done something like that too. From the profile that headlight suits the lines quite nicely! Really like that fender. Is it a 7 metals west? Great job man!

Hey guys.... thanks

Here is another picture of the bike from a different angle... I think the front looks a bit heavy with the big head light... Its not sitting in the correct angle but you get the idea... Still thinking about it twisting my head... maybe, maybe not, maybe, maybe not.................. :yikes:

full

Hey jdzion at the level you are at building bikes you should look into a community collage welding couse... It will be a whole new world for you, you'd love it.

Cheers

Lester

I like the trim ring on the light but maybe mate that with a bates style casing might be the ticket. I like a beefy front end! it helps balance out with the rear shocks. Yeah I think I might go look for some welding courses, I think this would my pockets out in the long run :)

Hey J

Neat, it looks like a modified MCM brat kit...
I think the bike has alot of nice elementas to it but its not doing it for me as a whole.
Obviously a very talented craftsman behind all the work.

You will love welding class... you'll be in magazines after that.
I think MIG is the easiest to pick up and is great all around, then move on to TIG for plastic surgery finish welding... (once you get the feel for it)

Carb... the head light is off a Dnepr... Same as my Russian (Ukranian accually) three wheeler, standard xs650 reflector drops right in. You should be able to find them in the US if you want one.

Lester

Yeah it's an interesting bike. I think he tried to incorporate too many cool design elements into one bike. Too many distractions take a way.

Haha yeah can't wait to take the classes. I'm really enjoying the build process. I've got soo much ideas but lack of skills and tools lol

Hey guys....

Spring is finally here and we have been spending a great deal og time outside after the long cold and dark winter. Not much time for the bikes latley.
I did have some time to make a seat for my uncles 54 Trump bobber. He was real happy with the result:

full

Cheers
Lester

Lester I guess your Uncle is happy I sure would be!
So Your Uncles get some badass stuff.
Aaaa You can call me uncle Ed if you want. :laugh:
Is that a gar a butt or a splif?

Thanks guys, looking forward to making another one.
I'll try to get some shot of the seat on the bike soon... its been raining ever since the seat was mounted on the bike... lol.

Lester

Last edited:
Man you are everywhere! Swedebobb from JJ Swedish division ;)
I see you also got caught in the XS swamp, heres my jap

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31129

DSC_0185_zps43a016f7.jpg

Love the hubcap idea, just sent 4 of those away with my chopped -53 Pontiac to keep going on the bikes. Your builds look fine so far and you got some great fab skills. If you still makes those creditcardholders id like to buy one as well!

Cheers from Sweden

Man you are everywhere! Swedebobb from JJ Swedish division ;)
I see you also got caught in the XS swamp, heres my jap

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31129

Love the hubcap idea, just sent 4 of those away with my chopped -53 Pontiac to keep going on the bikes. Your builds look fine so far and you got some great fab skills. If you still makes those creditcardholders id like to buy one as well!

Cheers from Sweden

Hey Swedebobb/Gyllenberg, whats up!
I realy enjoy the gang at the JJ but they are pretty uptight about Jap bikes so I Hang out here with them. Nice bunch of people here too. Riding season is comming to an end as you have probably noticed so I wil be kicking life into the builds again real soon.
You do quite a bit of fab work yourself, I like xs chopper. What plans do you have for the trump motor?
During the summer I have had quite a few custom card holder orders come in, people are real happy with them. PM me if you are interrested.

Cheers
Lester

Hey Swedebobb/Gyllenberg, whats up!
I realy enjoy the gang at the JJ but they are pretty uptight about Jap bikes so I Hang out here with them. Nice bunch of people here too. Riding season is comming to an end as you have probably noticed so I wil be kicking life into the builds again real soon.
You do quite a bit of fab work yourself, I like xs chopper. What plans do you have for the trump motor?
During the summer I have had quite a few custom card holder orders come in, people are real happy with them. PM me if you are interrested.

Cheers
Lester

Haha yeah noticed that, Im getting all wet on most of my rides recently! Plans for the trumpet is kinda like the XS but with a little less rake so I get a little leanback on the frame, much chrome and a nice shiny paint.

Ill PM you about the cardholder!

Cheers

Hey guys,

Well I'm back in the shop and doing well. I didn't finish the bikes in time for summer so I had to get a substitute to get some riding....

Here it is.... 1963 BSA Lightning, the price was just right (dirt cheap), it needed some fitting work and parts but it was on the road after 10-12 hours of work. A blast to ride:

10688921784_1cd9404b6e_z.jpg

10688933116_9dbf68cc0d_z.jpg

I have also invested in a new welder and what an amazing investment that was.

11970588995_4164db978c_z.jpg

I got alot of small stuff done real nice and quick with the new welder... Coil brackets, seat, seat hinge, seat spring Mounts, battery bracket ect:

11964195423_4d34357c6e_c.jpg

11963859655_1d6aa23ece_z.jpg

11964311194_225898f424_z.jpg

The battery bracket is under the swingarm.... small 8 cell antigravity thing...., hope it works out stuffed away under there.

I have also been keeping busy with the leather tooling, here is some of my work, mostly key fobs and cardholders:

10345470496_65f137ac56_z.jpg

10688847205_ab5e0c9d9b_z.jpg

10345468896_143b41bacd_z.jpg

10689073253_af3759c750_c.jpg

11999128494_968dfe229e_z.jpg

11994068246_37dd23504a_z.jpg

11236865605_cdbfaacb43_z.jpg

10688847125_f4e89572f8_c.jpg

10688846715_f1ca045b0f_c.jpg

10688895586_a1d459bf12_c.jpg

PM me if you like one you see I may still have it.... or want something done

Stay tuned for more updates