Lesters Swing Arm bobber, Brat type build thread

Lester,
I just started following your build and I'm waiting till after spring when I can tackle my own "brat" build. Anywho I love your light assembly and I want one just like that. can you tell me where you got it and if there are anymore?
Thanks,
Walt

Cheers Ivan,
Happy to have you on board. Are you going with the monster kit or a different set up.
As mentioned about the headlight...Its off a 125cc Tempo... Funny thing is my headlight was salvaged from the tip but the guys selling them want gold for them. Alot of Euro MCs in the 50 and 60 had this type of headlight, snop around on E-Bay UK... you may find several there. I'll post the headlight I got for my bike soon.... its a monster....LOL.

Cheers Ivan,
Happy to have you on board. Are you going with the monster kit or a different set up.

I'm not sure which way I'm going yet. I'm kind've partial to those builds that lower the rear and have the long seat that looks like a worm. This one in particular is the style I'm after:
brat8.jpg

That is a nice bike, looks like an original Brat Style build from japan... but i am only guessing.
Is it a Kawasaki? Beautiful looking engine!

Lester

Hey guys, not too much shop time this past week, work has me bogged down...
I have gotten some leather work done. Nothing done yet, just giving it a go.
I'm totally new to leather tooling, just got a cheap tool kit on Ebay.

full

full

full

Hey guys,

Not XS related but its helping me prepare for some leather seat tooling for the bikes.
Here are a few credit card holders.... love these things as I have grown weary of sittin on a lumpy wallet.

full

full

full

Which one you guys like best?

Hey jdizon,

Yes I made them from scratch... leather tooling is real fun and not that hard once you have the basics down... I'm hooked!
Here are some in progress pictures...

full

full

Want one? they... are real espencive...lol.....
projectes to finance projects.

Those rock dude! I'd be willing to buy one man. You should Start selling them

Hey jdizon,

Yes I made them from scratch... leather tooling is real fun and not that hard once you have the basics down... I'm hooked!
Here are some in progress pictures...

full

full

Want one? they... are real espencive...lol.....
projectes to finance projects.

Thanks guys,

PM me if you would like one, I'd be happy to send it to you guys

Cheers
Lester

Lester Your leather work is really good!
You are one talented Mofo.:laugh:

LOL... thanks Carb... I like to have something to fiddle with at all times... I may have ADHD... they just didn't have a name for it yet when I was I kid....lol. Anyway... I don't do well doing nothing and my idiot box only has three chanels... hence I tool leather when I'm not in the shop. :D

Cheers
Lester

Look what followed me home from the bar last night... I tried to chace it off too.... twice acually.

full

My wife refuses to belive me, I have a witness too..... LOL :laugh:

Its an oldy but goody.... All I need is a bottle of Argon and I am ready to have my first go at TIG welding.
I'm so excited I almost piss myself when I see the TIG welder sitting in my shop. I should have had one years ago really.

Lester

Hey Guys,

As mentioned my wife "stole" my Cole Foster tank so I started snoopping around for another... thought about modifing the original... but, nah...
Didn't want to go with the Sportster tank unless its a deep tunnel, have a Mustang tank hanging on the wall but again... I would like deep tunnle...
Well this is what I came up with... HD Big Twin tanks! I guess you reach to what you know best in times of need... lol.
I scored a set of tanks dirt cheap and I've always liked their shape BUT they are WAY too big for the XS so I chopped them up....
This will be a challenge but hopefully well worth it. Seen it done before so why not give it a go.

full

full

full

It was a challenge getting them as close to identical to each other as possible... now to make a new backing and mounts for the tanks. I am also playing with the thought of welding them up as one tank..... BUT not sure yet.

Here is the roller with the tanks on for fitting....
I may ditch the big headlight...

full

Any thoughts.....

Back