7 months of building and this is the final product - quite pleased with it actually :) Some final adjustments etc and we're ready for summer :)

1002843e.jpg

1002844.jpg

1002845j.jpg

nice clean lines, good looking motorbike.one of the best looking on this site... ENJOY'

full

This is my first picture after I bought it and shined it up a bit......did just add a Flyscreen, I'll post a more recent pic the next sunny day.

Mostly all original, '72 Xs2.....7Kmiles. Running way strong.

gbobst, I'm a sucker for stock bikes and yours is a NICE one! SWEEEET!!

gobst that's awsome! tell us more.. How'd you find it etc.

I own a little Drive-Up convenience store in Ohio, and one of my customers here is a small time collector (@ 10 bikes at a time or so) and kind of a trader type. He had been driving this bike through the store, all dusty and dirty for a few weeks. I had asked him about it and he said it was a "Trading post" find in Indiana. He went and looked at it and bought it on spot and rode it home. I had bugged him a few weeks to sell it to me, which he did ( 3K$ was the lowest he would go)....and I had not really looked it over, but knew what it was and was awestruck at how good of shape it was in, under all the dirt and dust. I mean the chrome has not a spot of rust, and just a little patina on top of the tank to leave it alone.....and it was all original, even the tires and such. I have made several upgrades, mirrors, grips, tires, re-built petcocks, oil/filter change, flyscreen, new headlight bulb (which I agonized over, and eventually figured a way to keep the original look, which is in my Album on here), new wire harness, changed the old single fuse to a modern fuse.......really that is all. I am kind of doing the old....if it ain't broke don't fix it approach to the idea of putting in the PAMCO and what-not.....It rides and runs GREAT! I get so many questions and looks everywhere I go, so it is fun to own this Bike......Really Loving it and taking the time to read up all I can on this site, to keep it running strong for a long time to come. Thanks for the Comments!

Thanks bawbee, yours is lookin aggressive as hell. Ive thought about a rectangle headlight myself. lol. Honestly, I want to turn mine I to a bagger of sorts... I need more time. Lots more.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1670&pictureid=13039
We started the engine now, but it needs to be fine tuned some more & need to redo some other minor issues. I have 2 other sets gas caps to match the color scheme that we have not put on the tank yet. My builder took it for a spin, but I haven't yet. Hopefully I can ride it in a few weeks and give a ride update.

Back