Tovbo, google chopper builders handbook and you will find one of the best sites for chopper building information. The information you are looking for is there.

Here is the beginning of build #2!!! Sold the first one now it time to build the one I want from scratch. Got a motor and a frame with no title with the other XS. So , I decided to have my buds at Ardcore Speed and Fab in Indy make me a frame. Hugh at Hugh's handbuilt rephased the cam and crank. I'm gonna run a suicide shift (which I will be trying my hand at blacksmithing for the shift shaft) and foot clutch and no front brake. Running a springer front end. Kick only. I have some other ideas I don't want to divulge yet. Shooting for bare bones very clean bike.

Should be a fun build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Bought it last fall and spent most of the winter rebuilding what I understood, and fixing some "oversights" of the PO.
Runs great with the PMA and Pamco.
Looks really good from 10ft, which is good enough for now.

Next winter will probably do the top end, but going to leave it alone for the summer so I can ride.

Attachments

• 1977 XS650D.jpg
    1977 XS650D.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 226
sorry Josh but my eyes keep wandering tothe chevy in the background. What a beaut ! not sure about the colour though ....guess it would grow on me in time :laugh:

I do like your bobber though nice and simple and clean... how I like em

sorry Josh but my eyes keep wandering tothe chevy in the background. What a beaut ! not sure about the colour though ....guess it would grow on me in time :laugh:

I do like your bobber though nice and simple and clean... how I like em

Haha thanks for that..the colour is original coral canyon

Another Street Tracker. Rephase Crank, Shell #1 Regrind Cam. 750 kit. PMA. Pamco Ign. Mikuni V34. 1.5 head pipes with shorty muffs. 19" Rear Wheel Conversion. 03 Sportster S front end with Adjustable Comp., Reb. Capacitor, no Batt. Kick Only. Starter And All gears, shaft removed. 5th gear overdrive. 8 Pack Clutch. GPS Speedo With Tach. Turn Signal Integrator In Tail Lite. Omar Seat-Tail. Ported Head.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 202
Just finished today, only took it up the street and back. Starts to pick up strong at about 4 grand. Calling for rain the next 5 days, so I'll have to wait and see.

Just about finished with this one, gotta do some fine tuning still but here it is, the frame is metallic silver(it looks bare in the photo).

Back