I always liked this shot...

4816_226360745326_502635326_7644470_534891_n.jpg

Here's mine - mostly just changed out some parts, but also fab'd some minor stuff. Last one is of the bike before I got to it. JB

Attachments

• 100_2774.jpg
    100_2774.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_2772.jpg
    100_2772.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 326
  • XSbeforePICT0005.jpg
    XSbeforePICT0005.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 247
It's a 1980 Special. I bought the seat off e-bay, but MikesXS sells them too.

JB

I like that color and I like that seat.
Is the seat aftermarket or ??

Guys - Please give us a little detail on what year / model your (mostly) stockers are.

Just bought this xs, supposed to have gpz wheels, but wouldn't have a clue:shrug:, not up on modern bikes, definitely got a noisey engine so will put my 710 engine in it until this engine is rebuilt.

Attachments

• !CFD7ThwB2k~$(KGrHqEOKiUE.jpg
    !CFD7ThwB2k~$(KGrHqEOKiUE.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 305
  • !CFD7Sy!BGk~$(KGrHqEOKnQE.jpg
    !CFD7Sy!BGk~$(KGrHqEOKnQE.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Love the Yamasaki on the tank! That's some interesting frame work, looks like someone spent a lot of time on that.

yes it is.

not sure why its still up since i picked it up saturday. i would like to think he got more inquiries then just mine.

I think you stole it. I'm guessing you got him down a little to boot? Inquiring minds..... What you going to do with it?

I think you stole it. I'm guessing you got him down a little to boot? Inquiring minds..... What you going to do with it?

i was heading towards queens, in my truck with my ramp on top, to look at a chopped cb750 when the guy calls about my offer from the night before. said he had 2 offers higher. told him i had cash in my pocket and was heading his way, and if he wanted a quick deal lets do it now. he called the other offers back with no answer so he bit on mine. switched lanes and headed to long island real quick.

kinda bummed about all the aftermarket parts but a 70 with 9K, NY transferable reg, 1 owner, that starts, rolls, stops and has great tins made up for that real quick.

havent spent any time on it yet but from side view it looks like raked trees.

i just did a garage restore on the 82, minus painting the tins. think i'm going to sell that and work the XS1. i have a 81 cb650 and a 75 cb500t that are waiting for lift time. if i was smart id work and unload the cb's and hide the xs's!

Quite intersting - whats 710?

Sorry left the engine part out:doh: it's my xs engine bored out to 710, the rest of the bike didn't do to well over the winter, it got left out in the snow and the cover blew off it, I was on holiday while this happened, the carbs are solid, but hopefully the engine is still ok, still kicks over at least.

Back