My 1971 original but not so original XS1B.

full

full

Very nice bike! The only thing I would do to this bike would be to put an 18" rear wheel on it. I usually am bored with stockers and I hate yellow, but it all just works for this bike.
nl1.jpg

OKC, nice bike! Did ya get that replica seat yet? ;)

Thx James. That bike is basically done...need to find the proper rear fender support and get my replacement rear fender chromed. 18 rear would def look cool...but I'm going for stock look. The next one will be 'custom' :)

edit - need to stop an oil leak too. I usually park on the sidewalks in the city....cant mark my territory - they will never let me back!

Last edited:
OKC, nice bike! Did ya get that replica seat yet? ;)

Thx James. That bike is basically done...need to find the proper rear fender support and get my replacement rear fender chromed. 18 rear would def look cool...but I'm going for stock look. The next one will be 'custom' :)

edit - need to stop an oil leak too. I usually park on the sidewalks in the city....cant mark my territory - they will never let me back!

If you are going for stock, then 18" is what you need. That 16" wheel on your bike is from a 80's model special II, only those years had the drop center 16" chrome spoke. The correct wheel for your bike is an 18"chrome steel that has the same profile as your front rim, like the black bike above.

Last edited:
james: thanks for the history lesson. I can honestly say, I just assumed that was stock...and I looked at pics of plenty of stock press bikes. I feel like an idiot now!

Here is a pic of my XS2's. The one in the background is one I picked up last summer, it is currently stripped down in the garage and going through a complete restoration. Hope to have it going mid January. The one out front is a unmolested completely stock 2 owner (father in-law was the original owner) bike. Tires, chain, sprockets and battery are the only things changed since it was brand new.

iPHONEPICS223.jpg

Wow...the XS 650 will never die according to all the awesome bikes I just looked at.Here is my sweet 70 and I will be posting updates on the rebuild.Awesome site...been checkin things out today and glad I found it.....Peace

new pic.jpg

new pic 2.jpg

new pic 3.jpg

This one's mine love this thread. Its standard to look at but if you look closer they never left the factory like this. cant take credit for all the work though mostly I have concentrated on the engine so far (boyer ignition, top end refresh, oil filter/cooler conversion) but I am in the process of changing the wheels for wire spoked ones. then like the look of Mikes carb conversion a repaint? where do you stop? Its an addiction:banghead:

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 299
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 245
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 278
0726101837.jpg

0205111134.jpg

0703102007.jpg
This is my bike an 81 650 got her for free and got it runnin. Its a real mut bike. its got a seat of a xs400, exhaust pipes from a civic, gas tank from a 76 honda 250, briggs and stratton plug wires, 1/2by1/2 square tube in place of the shocks. You could call this an extreme budget build. The bike in the background is my friends bike a maxim650 four cylinder, and thats him on the right. Not the prettiest thing but its mine.:thumbsup:

Hi and thanks. You are correct fitted after these pictures were taken, its one I think developed by Heiden Tuning? replaces the stock filter cover and enables you to use Honda paper filters. Mikes sell them but I see you guys only have to pay $65 while Heiden charge the equivalent of $94 plus delivery. Just looking at some of the other prices Mikes Keihin Carb Kit is $299 but $442 for us and Mikes wont ship to the uk:mad:. Rant over :)

Attachments

• 199.jpg
    199.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 260.jpg
    260.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 262.jpg
    262.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Oil cooler.jpg
    Oil cooler.jpg