Traded for this last week....

DSC01045.jpg

Nice like the color! Might run into you one of these days.

Here's the latest on my '74 Cafe. Still need to paint the frame.

Before and after...

Attachments

• P1010085.jpg
    P1010085.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 295
Saw this yesterday at a local bike/car show. Got to talk to the owner a while, This is his first build. He fabbed up everything himself . Nice

100_0118.jpg

Just finished up my last fall project and got it out on the road. Too fun to ride!

Why are these photos not working?
ahgfHq

Last edited:
Long story short - Bought non-runner, non-titled beeater. My son and I spent too much time and I spent too much $ getting it road worthy before I learned you can't do that in Ohio. No way, no how. Since it was his bike and I promised I'd get it going for him as a grad. gift I figured in for a penny, in for a pound. Found a tiltled frame and spent more time and $ swapping everything over.

Mike in Dayton

Attachments

• TrBike5.JPG
    TrBike5.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 194
  • TrBike4.JPG
    TrBike4.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 237
  • TrBike3.JPG
    TrBike3.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 192
  • TrBike2.JPG
    TrBike2.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 203
  • TrBike1.JPG
    TrBike1.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 258
New here, and just picked this up this weekend... 1979 XS650 Special II. 13,000 original miles, and has been sitting for 17-years inside a garage. Got it for FREE, which is a great price. Not going to cut it all up. Plan is to basically restore it to original, fixing a few of the handling quirks and what-not along the way, and make it ride able for every-day use.

That's my son sitting on there, looking pretty stylish... He seems to have it in his head that this will be "his someday"... ;)

Attachments

• XS650_TJ.jpg
    XS650_TJ.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 238
Special II one of my faves. It would be nice to see for a change a little restoration going on with minor upgrades.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not into cutting them all up and bobbing, chopping, etc... I'll leave that to those with more time on their hands.

My Dad had a 400 Special in '79, and then moved up to an '82 Virago 700, which was a sweet bike.

I want to leave this as stock appearing as possible, changing only the bits/pieces to make it ride nicer and more reliable.... and maybe add some saddle-bags, etc. so it'll make a little easier traveler than my GS850 currently is...

I'll put together a "resto" thread as I progress.

Tschiffely- good work on the XJ. You from around here? as I see the Lakeside Speedway sign. I spent many a friday night at the old Lakeside track.

Back