Lets see your tool wall

I spent a couple of years turning wrenches at an equipment rental place. They had in-floor heat and it was unbelievable. Pull an excavator into the shop in the middle of the winter, and an hour later crawl under it to change a hose. Nice warm floor to lay on.

I have a small handful of Snap On stuff, mostly picked up at yard sales. Too pricey for a part time shade-tree mechanic. Guy I worked with had a box full of the stuff tho.

Trying to get a wheel off a skid-steer once, didn't have anything in my box NEARLY big enough. Squeak handed me a 3/4 drive 36" Snap On breaker bar. Still no go. Squeak dug up a 4' piece of pipe and proceeded to snap the knuckle on the breaker bar.

"No problem, the truck stops here every week"

Wound up borrowing a 1" drive air impact from the Class 8 truck place down the road and driving it with one of our 180 CFM diesel air compressors...

My dad works in the coal mines (for now:shrug:) and goes to the 1 1/2" drive impact for the stupid stuff! He's got sockets to 5 inch. $300.00 for one socket, but when ya gotta twist the big nuts......

Hey JD---Nice use of the Hoya Lift, excellent --- tim

Keeps it mobile! Seldom do I get through a maintenance interval like that one in a single day! Snagged that thing off the porch of a double-wide that was being repo'd. If that ain't about redneck, I don't know what is! I use that thing to lift the front of my mower when I'm working on the deck too. Never knew how handy it could be til I got it home.

Hey JD---It is a medical device, used mostly to lift patients out of bed , or transfer patients from a wheelchair to bed---Nice snag--- tim

After I got tired of digging through a toolbox full of tools I decided to get organized, hope this gives you a few ideas.

1d0e1cb1.jpg

1f719327.jpg

2a27792b.jpg

55d6f43d.jpg

03e37789.jpg

e295ff8d.jpg

8970e271.jpg

38cc3a58.jpg

aa99e21e.jpg

IMG_1750-1.jpg

Hey pursang, what can ya tell me about that benchtop blasting cabinet?

Brand? Price? Features? How do ya like it?

That's the next big purchase on my toy list.

Here's what you can do with about 6' of space

Attachments

• 2012-12-08_11-24-03_566.jpg
    2012-12-08_11-24-03_566.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 2012-12-08_11-24-41_795.jpg
    2012-12-08_11-24-41_795.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 170
Hey JD---It is a medical device, used mostly to lift patients out of bed , or transfer patients from a wheelchair to bed---Nice snag--- tim

Yea, it came with the chains, the saddle, spreader bar, and all that stuff. It had a home medical equipment decal with an inventory number on it for the local pharmacy that does that stuff. I called them with the number and they said it had been sold on a Medicaid account, so it wasn't thiers to worry about. The chrome is flaking off and stuff, but it's a good lift. My buddy scored one at a storage sale that is the manual screw type. I like the hydraulic because I can raise and lower it while I'm holding stuff in place underneath.\

Pursang: Killer setup!

After I got tired of digging through a toolbox full of tools I decided to get organized, hope this gives you a few ideas.

]

wow pursang :yikes: thats Exactly what i'm talking about :thumbsup:

Jeez that tool wall is epic:D

Hearty welcome to the forums by the way. have you shown us a piccy of your bike/s yet ?:wink2:

Hey pursang, what can ya tell me about that benchtop blasting cabinet?

Brand? Price? Features? How do ya like it?

That's the next big purchase on my toy list.

It's a cheapie Power Fist brand I picked up at Princess Auto on sale, being a small entry level blaster the problems show up as soon as you start using it, the lid won't seal well enough to keep your shop from becoming a dustbowl so I've moved mine to an outdoor bench, it uses thin vinyl stick on sheets to protect the plexiglass lid but they soon become frosted making it impossable to see anything, I ended up buying a sandblasting hood and just leaving the lid open, I'm using a 4HP compressor with a moisture trap, I drain both the tank and the trap before sandblasting but each session I usually have to mess with clearing the hose of moist sand a few times, even with these few issues it's still worth it to have a sandblster :thumbsup:

IMG_0001344x600.jpg

Yea, it came with the chains, the saddle, spreader bar, and all that stuff. It had a home medical equipment decal with an inventory number on it for the local pharmacy that does that stuff. I called them with the number and they said it had been sold on a Medicaid account, so it wasn't thiers to worry about. The chrome is flaking off and stuff, but it's a good lift. My buddy scored one at a storage sale that is the manual screw type. I like the hydraulic because I can raise and lower it while I'm holding stuff in place underneath.\

Pursang: Killer setup!

Thanks JD, I amost bought one of those hospital patient lifts at a yardsale can't recall why I didn't, probably wanted too much $, it's perfect for lifting/moving heavy stuff around the shop and lighter/easier than trying to use a cherry picker, good snag. :thumbsup:

wow pursang :yikes: thats Exactly what i'm talking about :thumbsup:

Jeez that tool wall is epic:D

Hearty welcome to the forums by the way. have you shown us a piccy of your bike/s yet ?:wink2:

Thanks peanut, my first shop was an 8' x 10' tin shed from sears, which I expanded on by removing the tin panels of the back wall and building a wooden shed behind it LOL, the bikes gotta be protected man :bike:

Here's my shop. It's a 40x40 building divided into 3 spaces, the main shop is 40x18, there is a 22x27 double garage and a 13x22 back room. The building is heated and air conditioned. It's taken me 20 years to get it this far and it's finally a pretty comfortable place to play. It really helps shorten the long winters.

Attachments

• shop 003.jpg
    shop 003.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 212
  • shop 002.jpg
    shop 002.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 198
  • backroom shop 005.jpg
    backroom shop 005.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 201
  • backroom shop 006.jpg
    backroom shop 006.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 215
Here's my shop. It's a 40x40 building divided into 3 spaces, the main shop is 40x18, there is a 22x27 double garage and a 13x22 back room. The building is heated and air conditioned. It's taken me 20 years to get it this far and it's finally a pretty comfortable place to play. It really helps shorten the long winters.

That ain't no garage Roy :confused: Thats an operating theatre !:eek:

That is truly awesome and I don't use the word lightly.

Back