License plate tailight bracket

shaydaddy

Shaydaddy Customs
Reaction score
Designed this for my build. Made some extras. I have 8 lefts and 8 rights of both horizontal and vertical configurations. If the response is good enough I may make some more.

Specs:
Turret punched 3/16" aircraft grade aluminum to resist tearing due to vibration. 5/8" mounting hole---perfect for shock mount but can be opened up for axle mount. no taillight mounting holes so that you can use whatever taillight you choose. Unfinished---since they are aluminum they can be polished to a mirror finish, burnished, painted of powdercoated---the choice is yours.

I do have one horizontal mount/chain side powdered in gloss black.

Not sure what to ask for these. How about $30+10.95 flat rate shipping.

Attachments

• making progress 004.jpg
    making progress 004.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 253
  • making progress 005.jpg
    making progress 005.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 261
  • making progress 011.jpg
    making progress 011.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 243
  • making progress 012.jpg
    making progress 012.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 225
  • making progress 013.jpg
    making progress 013.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
My builds not quite road ready yet but I used to run one made out of this same material on my old honda cl70 enduro that I would ride through the fields and woods and never had a problem so I would think the smooth road should be fine.

Just wanted to let you guys know that this bracket from Shaydaddy is top notch quality. His shipping was crazy fast too. Had it in hand two days after payment. Here is a pic of it installed. Thanks!

licbracketback.jpg

I'm interested, but am really concerned about how it might hold up.
I put one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CURVED-side-mount-license-plate-holder-chopper-harley-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a117ce157QQitemZ180682023255QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
On my bobber 2 years ago. Well Monday night when I got home from a ride, there was only a metal stub mounted to my axle. I found my plate and the rest of the bracket. Got ran over a couple of times.

ontherrocks: Have you ridden with this mount yet? Gone down some bad roads with it?

Grepper,
Ive ridden with this bracket for about three weeks and have noticed that it definitely vibrates less than my old one. I got the old one from a swap meet and it was cheaper thinner metal. It broke off just like yours did. I feel this plate bracket will last much longer.
I have the seat pan from the same seller on ebay and that sucker is stout. I am surprised his bracket broke. Perhaps with all the vibrations in our bikes, it just something we will have to replace every few years.

These look nice and I'm curious about strength also. I bought a nice one off ebay. It was $150 and broke within 2 weeks. The seller insisted I must have installed it wrong,lol ya right. Anyway it was made with 3\16 steel and snaped. I repaired it and reinforced it with 1\4" and it has lasted the past year. This is a nice looking bracket you have.

left side but just realized these are for shock holes i am running hardtail so i cannot pick one up i dont trust my self to open it up for axle lol

Wow, well done! Often, it's these small, handmade pieces that really make a bike or other vehicle "pop". Very nice! :)

I have hed an idea for a purely aesthetic little stainless or aluminum plate that would sit atop the case, right behind the timing chain adjuster cone/cover, to reflect a bit of light and draw the eye. Having seen your work above, I might give it a shot to see if it works out.

TC

left side but just realized these are for shock holes i am running hardtail so i cannot pick one up i dont trust my self to open it up for axle lol
shock mount holes are 5/8" and axle bolt is 20mm so hole only needs to be opened a little over an 1/8". a 13/16" drill bit or a die grinder work really well for this

Back