lifting up engine a bit in the frame possible?

marp68

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Would it be possible to lift up the engine still in the frame and with carbs, electrics etc. still in place? Just by loosen the engine/frame bolts and maybe only remove the upper mounting brackets? or what would one have to remove to be able to lift the engine still in place?

I need to lift the middle/rear part of the engine up at least 2-3 cm. And I prefer not to unmount anything or remove the engine from the frame.

I need to do this to have complete clear space in front of the lower gear train bolt hole (90 degrees). No part of the frame in front of it like it is now.

Martin

Last edited:
id say remove all the engine mount bolts except for the very front bolt that goes through the engine and you should be able to use that as a pivot. just use some boards and a jack under the engine to lift it.

That's smart! :thumbsup: Thanks!

What about other things attached to the engine, like carbs etc that normally need to be removed before removing engine?

And the upper mounting brackets? Just remove the bolts or the whole package?

Just do as cros36 says in his post. Take the entire top mounting bracket assembly off to give clearance. You almost certainly would need to remove the airbox and/or carbs.

Give it a try and see how it works.

Thanks! Will be careful.

When one starts to fix one thing, it's sometimes easy to brake something else...

Yippeee!!!:bike::D:)

Managed to get the damn broken bolt out, so now I don't need to lift the engine.

Thanks for your help and mental support

Back