Looking for new Ignition... NOT PAMCO!

You can "fix" that poorly made single points cam. It takes an afternoon of filing and wet stoning the approach ramp on the lobe that fires first to pull it into sync with the other one. But, it's all rather pointless. What you will discover is the XS650 points set wasn't designed to do double duty like this and wears quickly.

So, I did just this with my dual lobe cam. It helped a lot, and I think I need to cut it in a bit more is all. I think I'll try this before I move on to anything else. I like the minimal hardware design of it. I'm just tired of the slight out of time lobe in the cam and thought a TCI of some sort would be easier and more reliable. Thanks for the reminder, i think you've got the best idea in just fine tuning this set up!

I'm looking for a new ignition. Would like to hear what options are out there that people are using. I'm interested in something simple but would like to get away from points. I've also already been burned by PAMCO, I'm not interested in his ignition. I'd like something more reliable from a company with better customer service.

I'd appreciate to hear what kinds of ignition systems people have evolved to from points.

Thanks for the input.

my vote would be for Boyer Bransden Micro Digital Electronic Ignition which includes electronic advance.
In the 5 years I've run mine I,ve never had any issues and don't remember reading about a single failure either.
Mind you the Company has been producing them for 46 years so they know a thing or two about making them reliable
http://www.boyerbransden.com/microdigitalmicropower.html

KIT00303 YAMAHA XS650 TWIN

Back