Looking for spark plug wires

@Leavejayalone yep good handle

9.55am
I have to replace my spark plug wires. The previous owner had XS Performance wires. I'm having trouble finding anything in stock, especially at my local auto parts store.

Any suggestions on what to buy that will give me the best performance and longevity without breaking the bank? Looking for a good crimper as well if I can't find them pre-made.

Links appreciated...

Thanks!

3.5 hours later waiting for mashed veges and doesn't want to surf the net

1.22pm
With all due respect if I wanted to surf the internet second guessing which wires, caps, and boots I needed I wouldn’t have come here.

Still looking for links to purchase everything I need to either buy 2 pre-made spark plug wires or a series of links to assemble a kit for my ‘75 xs650 with electronic ignition. As cheap as possible.

Thanks

4 1/2 hour later and still waiting for the mashed veges..................Gee recon i could have done one search in that time even with my 8 children, 4 dogs, 3 pigs and a horse.............also went fishing and caught a cold................

2.35pm
It’s nice to know a young guy with 3 kids and no time to enjoy life still has a place online he can go to get cyber bullied.

Fuck you guys

Yea. what Jesus said "go forth and multiply" back at ya

Sarcasm begets sarcasm. "This is the way." View attachment 252803

Animation Write That Down GIF by Mashed

Well why didn't you say so before? I mean... 3 kids. Damn, you must be the only guy in the world who had to raise 3 kids. Kinda puts my.... um, 3 kids to shame.... no wait.... :cautious:
A bit of advice. Get over yourself.

Oh... and fuck off.
God help those that help themselves seems apt here. OK, lets leave religion out of it and just say that help comes to those that help themselves. One of those life lessons that I am glad to have been able to impart on my young'uns.

Update for those silent searchers for Spark Plug Wires for your XS650:

Below are the links for everything you need to make new spark plug wires for either your points ignition or in my case an electronic ignition. HT copper core wire is a time tested solution that will work for both although it is recommended not to be used by Pazon, Boyer, etc. and most retail companies due to the RF noise it puts out that may affect your other digital gadgets (lowbrow customs). The recommended EI wire of choice with much debate is a suppression core wire. In my case, a totally self customized barebones brat style, kick only bike, of which I welded a new slimmed down electronics box running only a modified LED Marchal headlamp off a 4-cell Antigravity Lith battery, the suppression core wire is no doubt unnecessary and may delete performance due to its higher resistance. But, I have decided to break my budget and do a little experiment to determine which wire settles my original question for all times sake (for me anyway). The best experiment results will be from a dyno test but with my limited free time as of now a more direct response is necessary.

My 4 year old son (middle of my 3 sons) helped me repair the original wire by re-crimping the coil side terminal with a set of standard pliers. So, no special crimpers needed although I’m sure they are nice to have. The other side (90 terminal) wire was cut clean, stripped back about 1/8” and fanned down in a star pattern, then simply pushed down onto the NGK terminal and twisted clockwise 3 full turns. This got me back on the road until my new parts come in.

5k Ohm 90 Boot:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1644001995...tpnf4JfTnK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Cool Side Straight Boot:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1738459588...tpnf4JfTnK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

7mm Copper Core Wire:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1843517907...tpnf4JfTnK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

7mm Suppression Core Wire:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1837992478...tpnf4JfTnK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Attachments

• IMG_4297.jpeg
    IMG_4297.jpeg
    707.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back