Looking for the Chrysler/Radio Shack reg/rec thread

Patches

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Fellas, I know somebody will be able to help me out with this one. I'm trying to help a buddy save a bit of cash on his build. I have never done this before but we're going to attempt the Radio Shack rectifier, Chrysler regulator combo. Can someone point me in the direction of the proper thread where I can find part numbers and instructions for building the rectifier? I have tried to search, but there are so many regulator/rectifier threads it's ridiculous.

I've done a PMA, and a solid state reg/rec swap before, but this is new territory.

Also, a quick note to Travis, maybe this would be something to put in the Tech Section.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Electrial section at XS650 Garage site. The other XS650 site. Thats where I found it. I don't know to put a link in here.

Many thanks gentlemen. Pamco Pete is truly an innovator and I'm sure my buddy's wallet will appreciate it.

This is what I'm mess' with..:wink2:

Attachments

• 491.jpg
    491.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 492.jpg
    492.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 493.jpg
    493.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 79
3 Rectifiers? One for every wave of the Alternator? Does that box get some internal airflow for cooling of the electronics? Other than that it's pretty cool looking!

3 Rectifiers? One for every wave of the Alternator? Does that box get some internal airflow for cooling of the electronics? Other than that it's pretty cool looking!
:D

have 3 so it will heat up less and give you 3 spare's :wink2:
they are mounted to the top of the lid, so the air flowing over the lid pulls off the heat :wink2:
and its made out of alum :thumbsup:

Back