lost spark

jlester

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have 83 xs650S, i had it running will and it was ready to run. now i have lost spark. can yall give me any pointer on it. there any good wiring diagram out there.
any informion would be great, thank yall

You'll find some good wiring diagrams in this thread:
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61

A common electrical problem is due to the frail nature of the stock fuse holders. If your bike still has the original, it should be replaced. Automotive blade type fuse holders work very well.

They can appear to be OK ,but have large voltage drops across them. The TCI ignition will not work on low voltages.

The TCI ignition circuit boards are also failing after all these years.

You will want to use a VOM to measure for proper voltage, at the ignition coil and at the TCI circuit board.

ok thank you i will give that a try. if the kill swich up on the handle bar was not working right would that make me lose spark ?

yes. I find if I put my kill switch to run on my 1980 to the right, it will cut off sometimes while riding. if I put it to the left, it is fine.

ok, i will give that a try, something Iv noticed when i first try the key on, the head light will not trun on tell it was running or when it was running, could that be a problem with the electrical problems ?

Back