Lowbrow Customs, chopper wiring harness?

i totally agree. but the amount of time i and my colorblind brother will spend trying to rewire it... hopefully worth it. i HATE wiring. thats the worst part of any build ive been a part of. hell ill pay someone 80 to come and make my whole bike run with nothing but head tail and break lights. lol

have you seen any wiring diagrams for just a headlight/ taillight and only the stuff you need to run the bike?

yeah, i actually have a few diff diagrams at the house. i just really really hate wiring. and i am hoping this will me me not have to fu*k with it too much

It is. I made my own for free. You can reuse you own wiring or buy a replacement wiring harness and cannibalize it to maintain stock colors, then have a bunch left over to redo all your wiring. I will say if it has those "quick" clips, you will want to get rid of them. They are made for "quick" fixes, not long term use. Solder and shrink tube is the long lasting way. The quick clips just kinda push into the wire thru the insulation.

If your bike is stock and you want to run just a chopper harness, go to the tech section, electrical, "some wiring diagrams". There are several on there. If you have a TCI then I suggest the second diagram down on INXS' post, the black and white one. That's what I run. Works great. If you plan to just run a head/tail light you will still need to do wiring. The chopper kit is basically for a starter-less bike. Nothing really to do with lights, signals, safety relay, switches.

Do you have a wiring diagram of it? Because my stock wiring harness has been all messed with and I wanna re-wire the whole bike, but don't have a diagram to go by.

I used half of a tc kit because my tci and coil connectors were toast, and the rest I soldered and used heat shrink tubing. It was worth it for me because I despise wiring, and the kit made it easy as pie. I have an 81, and the rats nest of wiring was really intimidating.
138.jpg

Link

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3499

Last edited:
Ive seen those a billion times, and its nice that theyre there.. but SOMETIMES its nice to see other peoples work as well. thanks for your help

Not really having trouble with anything per say.. im just wondering what all components im going to need to use the wiring harness.. also mines a 79 which is points ignition but the harness i took off the stock frame has a TCI. which only confused the hell out of me. But i looked up the VIN numbers and they all came back as a 79

Well, what do you plan to run ignition wise? Points, Pamco, TCI? TCI is 1980 and up, but if you have points on the engine, then you need a points wiring harness. Do you have a the solid state reg/rec?

Back