You have our permission to relax and watch the flowers grow for awhile, Bob.

We'll find some sort of knitting project for Doug to do to occupy his mind and relieve his tensions....;)

Ha! I shouldn’t have said anything. I’ve just been a little beat up lately and it’s affecting my normal cheerful demeanor! :D

Ha! I shouldn’t have said anything. I’ve just been a little beat up lately and it’s affecting my normal cheerful demeanor! :D
Heck, I've left teeth marks
upload_2019-3-7_23-15-40.jpeg
after at least a couple exchanges with folks this past week. I call it being human.

I missed mentioning this to you earlier when you were mounting the carbs, but since they may need to come off again, I'll mention it now. Check the manifold mounting bolt torque again. The original style manifold gaskets are quite thick and compress after mounting. If possible, it's best to mount the manifolds then let them sit a day or two, check the bolt torque again (they'll be loose due to gasket compression), then finally install the carbs.

I missed mentioning this to you earlier when you were mounting the carbs, but since they may need to come off again, I'll mention it now. Check the manifold mounting bolt torque again. The original style manifold gaskets are quite thick and compress after mounting. If possible, it's best to mount the manifolds then let them sit a day or two, check the bolt torque again (they'll be loose due to gasket compression), then finally install the carbs.

Sounds good, I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Nope! I save my receipts, but quit adding them up. It might give me pause for doing the kind of work I want. :unsure:
I have receipts on a clipboard for every penny I've spent on the SG resto. Still haven't decided if I'm ever gonna tally 'em.:umm:

I stopped adding mine up when I reached like $600 or $800, lol. But mine was just a basic "fix-up", not anywhere near a full resto. Even so, I probably put a good $1200 to $1500 into her. But I don't regret it one bit. It's given me many years of wonderful service for that.

Haha! Well I guess a little update is in order then! ;)

As of right now I’m not real sure when my next garage day will be. I don’t know what I did today but I jacked up my back, I’m sitting here with a heating pad and having muscle spasm
Nothing that being 30 years old again wouldn’t cure I’m sure. :confused:
Till next time,
Bob

Hey i was just pulling your leg.............As i said the other day the last 10% is gonna take time.

Drop the project for a bit and get out on the 77.....Smell those flowers and post more pics.........It must be beautiful looking around the area after all that rain........You'll get sick of it sitting in the shed and will want to get back into it.........have a break and enjoy it, well deserved..........if it feels like a chore it is........when it feels right it will

"Most captivating XS pics come from Arizona" !
Hey Bob when I get garage time your XS page (Bobs channel) is on !
No hurries no wurries, get to it whenever it fits. I'd probably be out on your 77.
Awesome work and thanks for sharing the harder accomplishments.
-R

Attachments

• D133A586-692B-4E5D-83F1-157F5ABD3C12.jpeg.jpg
    D133A586-692B-4E5D-83F1-157F5ABD3C12.jpeg.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 128
I use 3/16" (4.5mm) Tygon fuel lines. Very flexible, easily slip onto and snug on the fittings. Don't need clamps. Compact, no problems with fuel flow, no kinking. I use a toothpick to smear a very tiny amount of grease in the tube opening just before sliding it onto a fitting...
View attachment 135650

Well my back may be jacked up, but that can’t keep me from ordering parts from eBay. As per 2M’ s recommendation I ordered 6 feet of 3/16 Tygon fuel line, and some slimmer cone shaped inline filters. Gettin ready for the big redo!
08BB2781-D800-4551-B174-55544D52041C.jpeg
EB2ED5A8-08AB-4091-AB38-D56745F1DECF.jpeg

Good morning Bob,

Everyone has to tap the brakes once in a while.....your turn.

Bob = "top of the class" XS650 Brofessional, ( a dude who has devoted himself to all bro activites related to XS650's )

Appreciate all your correspondence/ threads, will be used many !

Said like knitting isn't a worth while constructive hobby..............

If anyone had seen what i have seen when it come to hand knitting and the speed a jersey can be made in, then making a joke about knitting to use in this context is all up the shit....;)
Pictures ! Pictures !

Back