Mikes elephant foot adjusters wft?

I bought a set of those adjusters off ebay.....I initially thought the plastic was there to protect the tips before install. When I received them I was able to pull off that plastic retainer and the hydraulic foot just falls off.

My understanding is these were developed by Heiden, but man, wtf were they thinking. I put those adjusters in the toolbox, I can't even bring myself to resell them.

If you're gonna go w elephant foot adjusters, mod the rockers and buy legit VM/Porsche.

Modding the rockers may seem drastic and hard to do but it's really very simple. I just ground mine down on my bench grinder. The stocker is 12mm thick. It needs to be 8mm for the new screws so you have to take 4mm off. Grind a little and measure, grind a little and measure until you're there.

This mod originally came from the SR500 world. They've been using it successfully for years.

Doesn't really seem all that extreme to me, say compared to putting little plastic doohickeys that fall off in the top end of my motor. Better design than stock and it looks like there is still plenty of meat left over.

Tipped the engine over in the frame and pulled the rocker box. Looks like I caught it just in time.

F1FA8EA6.jpg

B1AB3C8F.jpg

Back