Mikes xs xs2 tx650 main wire harness *** solved bad coil

bpupeza

I like motorcycles
Reaction score
I have the main wire harness for a tx650 from mikes. The wire colors are not the same as original. I messaged them but they do not have a cross reference.
Does anyone have experience with this harness?
Do the colors correspond to the colors on a different year possibly?

All the wiring diagrams are in the tech section, the XS2 and TX650 chart was worked on and corrected by 650Skull

82497387-9DC7-484F-9AFE-696B45B25681.jpeg

All the wiring diagrams are in the tech section, the XS2 and TX650 chart was worked on and corrected by 650Skull

View attachment 173840
Thanks for the response. I will have to look over the diagrams and see if the colors on the harness match up.
I have all of the lights and the horn working. The bike runs but I have erratic voltage readings.
I think that the problem may lye in the 6 pin connector that goes to the stator. I have three white wires with stripes, a black, green, and light blue.
I have battery voltage at both the green wire and the black wire. I’m guessing that I shouldn’t have voltage at the black wire.

Last edited:
I’m guessing that I shouldn’t have voltage at the black wire(?).
Correct.
The three white are AC out... to the rectifier.
Green is regulated power into the brush.... from the regulator
Black is ground for the other brush.... ties to the brush, frame and regulator.
Blue goes to neutral switch.

Last edited:

View attachment 173840

It was a collaboration of many that helped.

may find that some XS2/TX wiring harnesses have Green/Yellow wires on the brake switch circuits...............Someone who was restoring an XS2 also mentioned there was mistakes in the diagram............they never mentioned what they were so????????????

Back