More shitty shit from MikesXS

EvenmoreXS

1981 XS650
Reaction score
Shitty Shitty Shitty. SOOOOOO Frustrated with Shitty Shit !

After a long shitty last 2 weeks its just icing on the cake.

If your lucky enough to get the right part, it will be broken, or in my case…not finished with the manufacturing process….which you do yourself at home with your spare time….which I'm sure we all have an abundance of seeing as how we are all children who have no other responsibilities except to finish manufacturing the parts we ordered. Yes, its stupid and simple, but thats not the point.

The Clutch lever i ordered had not been completely routed to allow for the cable….had to pry it out myself and file it all down…..Mainly because they didn't finish it in the factory. Actually, thats the only reason…...

also…with another part….The Brake lever…..the threads don't match….COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THREAD PATTERN. Not even close to the original threads. The screw won't even fit into the hole much less thread…Mainly because its WRONG! Actually, thats the only reason. Gotta send it back….god knows how long thats going to take…..then wait another week for the new part….which likely won't work either.

Sorry to vent but Im pissed. Ive been waiting for a week to do this simple thing and it never fails… Im sick of other peoples poor ass standards. I have other things to do…..

Again, Im sorry to vent…but damn :wtf::banghead::mad::doh::banghead::mad::wtf:d

Been a long last few weeks for me…..trying to hang in there. Stuff adds up you know….

The first pick is my broken clutch lever…..the PO was the smartest person ever …….. to not survive birth …….

The second third and 4th pick is the clutch lever I finished manufacturing for mikes…..That shit passed quality control…WTF

The fifth pic is of the threads….I didn't show the screw…was too pissed and put it all back together before I took pics….but not even close to a match.

Attachments

• 20140528_191220.jpg
    20140528_191220.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 20140528_191247.jpg
    20140528_191247.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 20140528_191434.jpg
    20140528_191434.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 258
  • 20140528_191527.jpg
    20140528_191527.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 20140528_191629.jpg
    20140528_191629.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
I try so hard to boycott mikesxs, because of bull shit like this. There shipping rates are unreal, and I truly believe my 4 year old sister could pack parts in a box better than mikes. I bought a sump gasket that got tore from there shitty packing. Dam thing wasn't even in a bag, just tossed on top and taped! :banghead:

Posted via Mobile

Thanks xskid

Im not surprised……but get this…..IM LUCKY!

because……

WHEN they do ship to me Im only 1 day….here in Fla. so I can justify the shipping cost JUST A BIT…. especially when in a big hurry because I'm down and can't ride because of something quick and cheap to fix….

But you…...:mad:……..If I waited that long for a part….a gasket of all things….and it was fucked due to poor packaging…..I might return it in person and leave some change…

Maybe its just me…...I was raised by my grandparents so Im a generation behind most folks my age…….but I still give a shit. :yikes: Imagine that.

Things ain't what they used to be……

P.S- Love New Mexico…..Here I am at white sands…..went there 2 years ago…….drove 2k miles around the state in a rental…..ready to go back.

I try so hard to boycott mikesxs, because of bull shit like this. There shipping rates are unreal, and I truly believe my 4 year old sister could pack parts in a box better than mikes. I bought a sump gasket that got tore from there shitty packing. Dam thing wasn't even in a bag, just tossed on top and taped! :banghead:

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• HDR Ken A3.jpg
    HDR Ken A3.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 222
^^ I complete agree, all my friend's tell me im stuck in the 60's. I fought with them for two weeks. Back and fourth with ups and mikes, neither wanted to make it right. So I eventually said fuck it, it was like a 4 dollar gasket. Its not the money tho, its the principle.

Posted via Mobile

Im 30 minutes from Tallahassee so mikes XS can't be too far. and mikes xs wanted
20 dollars for ground shipping a coil.. and $40 for next day.. which would of been the same exact thing as im within a shipping day from them. I couldn't do it.

Hey King Paul,

Thats ridiculous. And by ridiculous I mean fucking stupid... and by fucking stupid I mean highway robbery.

Cairo, Thomasville, or bainbridge?

Im 30 minutes from Tallahassee so mikes XS can't be too far. and mikes xs wanted
20 dollars for ground shipping a coil.. and $40 for next day.. which would of been the same exact thing as im within a shipping day from them. I couldn't do it.

oh... and forget about the clutch perch. snapped second pull.
ebay is were I look first for used real stuff.

Same thing here, ordered new needle jets. They were too big to fit in the carbs, and the main jet wouldn't' screw into the jacked up threads.

They said I was the first person to complain about these in the two years they'd been selling them.
F-That.

I told you so in the 1st place, but what do I know, lol. As far as I'm concerned you got just what you deserved. Get that Kawasaki set-up off eBay. They never break.

You are correct Old and used is better! (well maybe not chains, sprockets and rusty mufflers)
For me its Used or repaired used or OEM if available
Mike Morris 650 central is great to.
i gave Mikesxs plenty of my money at first thinking the new parts would solve all my problems, I was wrong, Some where fine. I like my replica Pipes (the chromes a bit thin but hey its not a show bike). I think my last order was 4 or 5 years ago.
I am sure glad I kept the old parts

haha you guys are all right! I have one to add...

Bought an xs battery from them. Sealed maintenance free, and it said 'superior performance' on it.

Put the battery in a customers bike. Two weeks after he picked up his bike he was complaining of losing power randomly. I was skeptical thinking he was new to bikes and this phantom was user error or something.

I get the battery back and a multimeter will pick nothing off of the batter terminals. I had to file part of the terminal off to get the multi meter to even read the change. This means the wiring going to the battery couldnt make contact with the battery posts.

I filed both posts down and everything seemed to be ok. Charging fine, starter worked etc. Last week i get the bike back again with similar symptoms. This is 300 miles later. Same thing battery terminals are corroding so back that the system is losing charge/voltage.

I put a 'real' battery in the bike and everything works fine. Such a waste of money. A lesson in getting what you paid for i guess.

I told you so in the 1st place, but what do I know, lol. As far as I'm concerned you got just what you deserved. Get that Kawasaki set-up off eBay. They never break.

Make no mistake 5twins, that will happen and is totally the plan. I did this just to get back in the saddle so I could ride while I waited on the better parts....:bike:......It was supposed to take 1 day, which would have been worth it had it happend that way. I concur to a degree.....Dont think I "Deserved" it, but i did get what I paid for......gonna try to find a matching pair of the Saki's clutch and brake assembly's.

And thanks for the advice btw. :thumbsup: You havent steered me wrong yet.

I know to have low expectations of Mikes parts, but I typically expect them to be finished being made before sold and shipped....:banghead:

But, on the upside....once i finished making the part for them and installed it.....problem solved for now.

Still gotta fix the turn signal that the wires broke when the clutch lever broke, but not until i get the new Saki levers.

Last edited:
haha you guys are all right! I have one to add...

Bought an xs battery from them. Sealed maintenance free, and it said 'superior performance' on it.

Put the battery in a customers bike. Two weeks after he picked up his bike he was complaining of losing power randomly. I was skeptical thinking he was new to bikes and this phantom was user error or something.

I get the battery back and a multimeter will pick nothing off of the batter terminals. I had to file part of the terminal off to get the multi meter to even read the change. This means the wiring going to the battery couldnt make contact with the battery posts.

I filed both posts down and everything seemed to be ok. Charging fine, starter worked etc. Last week i get the bike back again with similar symptoms. This is 300 miles later. Same thing battery terminals are corroding so back that the system is losing charge/voltage.

I put a 'real' battery in the bike and everything works fine. Such a waste of money. A lesson in getting what you paid for i guess.

WILL THERE BE NO END TO THE MADNESS !!!!! :yikes:

Looks like the new owners at Mike's have stuck to the old business model. But what's this about madness? You're looking at the new American normal, a social reality in which folks support Walmart and other big box operators with their dollars while they moan about the loss of the quality, selection and service once delivered by the small individual proprietors that they helped to starve out.

Good new clutch perches are available from 650 Central. New, quality levers are available there and from any dealer with a Motion Pro catalog. Anybody who buys a prefilled battery anywhere is asking for trouble. We've warned against cheap repop jets too may times to count. Anybody with an Exacto knife can cut a sump gasket.

Bottom line: Mike's XS will keep selling trash as long as people keep buying it. Here's a working definition for you: Madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Wow....!

Got a reply from mikes this morning....

" Im sorry, are you talking about the threads where the bolt screws in " ?

I replied with a pic and description. Just might get some resolution. I'll keep you posted.

Back