More shitty shit from MikesXS

Looks like the new owners at Mike's have stuck to the old business model. But what's this about madness? You're looking at the new American normal, a social reality in which folks support Walmart and other big box operators with their dollars while they moan about the loss of the quality, selection and service once delivered by the small individual proprietors that they helped to starve out.

Good new clutch perches are available from 650 Central. New, quality levers are available there and from any dealer with a Motion Pro catalog. Anybody who buys a prefilled battery anywhere is asking for trouble. We've warned against cheap repop jets too may times to count. Anybody with an Exacto knife can cut a sump gasket.

Bottom line: Mike's XS will keep selling trash as long as people keep buying it. Here's a working definition for you: Madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Yep. I agree completely but I still dont like it. How will the little guy ever get better if he's boycotted for the big boys by consumers. Id buy something from your yard sale for $10 before Id buy it for $8 at walmart. I try very hard to spend locally or to small business's...like mikes...because Ive been a small business owner and know what its like.

Madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....Nope....not madness....Thats the definition of Insanity....but I do agree. They're the same thing.

Walmart is the Devil........

Support local business.....

As far as mikes goes, its kinda like the other thread going on now about screwing other members....I'll give mikes a chance to make it right, but its still consistanly poor....and that is frustrating.

Very busy at work so Im sorry if my thoughts come out incomplete or improperly phrased.....read between the lines please...

^^ I agree, I hate walmart also! 650 central has had my business for the last year. I really like the one man show operations, I think its cool to support another American and fellow biker.

Posted via Mobile

I've dealt with Mikes a few times. More recently I ordered standard rings, and they all arrived snapped in half. I sent them an email with a photo and 2 days later said they were sending me new ones. No complaints on that. My only complaint is small stuff you need that you can't find anywhere else, i.e. specific bolts. About $6 in parts and $12 to ship? Are you high? I mean, I walk into usps and buy a flat rate box for $5. Basically, I now order from 650central as I like the fact you call and he tells you straight up what you need and is very helpful. Only order from Mikes as a last resort, or if I need a lot of products and justify the shipping cost

Suks cuz they are one of the few that sell stuff for the 650.. I just noticed that my intake boots are cracked on the out side. Not the inside yet but im sure its close. Not even a year old, bike never gets left out side in the sun.. BS

Got another reply from Mikes:

"Hi Ken, We pulled some off the shelf and they are fine. Also, I have no complaints in my database about that issue. It may be a different MC than you think. Just a thought. Thanks"

I can think of 1 recent complaint for sure.........very recent acutally!

What is MC? My master cylinder? That is a possibility i suppose....the PO could have done anything....I can say for certain the parts match in every way except the threads....

Suggestions on how to confirm or deny this possible error on my end.....?

$6 part. Im gonna be getting the Saki's in the future anyway.....no big deal.....I did assume it was the correct part seeing as how it all matches.....levers and assemblys...size .....shapes......everything but the threads....but it could be a MC from a different year I suppose.....and clutch assembly for that matter except for the fact that the clutch lever worked other than the manufacturing issue.

Suks cuz they are one of the few that sell stuff for the 650.. I just noticed that my intake boots are cracked on the out side. Not the inside yet but im sure its close. Not even a year old, bike never gets left out side in the sun.. BS

I got boots from mikes 2 years ago and so far so good....they have been temporary from day one though....gonna be doing the carb boots and diaphrams from JBM when I go back over the carbs later.

http://jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html Good stuff if you're on the market.

Thanks for the link. I am actually running VM 34's so they don't have the Dia's. I am thinking about going with the aluminum collars from monster craftsman, with the rubber hose to connect the 2. I was no to familiar with mikes when I got into these bikes, but now after hearing how shitty thing are, I think ima steeeeer way clear from now on.

Thanks for the link. I am actually running VM 34's so they don't have the Dia's. I am thinking about going with the aluminum collars from monster craftsman, with the rubber hose to connect the 2. I was no to familiar with mikes when I got into these bikes, but now after hearing how shitty thing are, I think ima steeeeer way clear from now on.

They should be a last resort....for quality AND service......Im going to make an effort to look elsewhere.....I HATE WAITING ON SHIPPING!..... Hate may not be a strong enough word....I want my parts NOW.

Usually mikes is a 1 day ship for me,,,,thats how I justify using them.....or I did anyway.

There are some other good options for you with those 34's too. No worries.:thumbsup:

Their shipping is stupid exp too. Buddy ordered roller bearings for the advance rod, they were decent priced, but shipping was stupid exp for the tiny things being shipped.

Their shipping is stupid exp too. Buddy ordered roller bearings for the advance rod, they were decent priced, but shipping was stupid exp for the tiny things being shipped.

When you sell a part thats worth a $1.00 for $1.50 and charge $10.00 for shipping, its pretty obvious what your business plan is.....I wonder what percentage of their net profit per year is just shipping........

but with that said....my familys company ships probalby over 100K per year with ups......Last week UPS raised their shipping rate 60%....

Not a typo.....60%.......... So two weeks ago a $6 shipp is now $14.....:wtf:

Mercury Morse at 650 Central is your (our) friend. His prices are sometimes a little higher but what the hell, he stands behind what he sells. Last week I was having trouble with a brake part I got from him, made a call and he replaced it freight paid without question or quibble, had it at my door three days later. Patronize this guy, we need him. If we all dump Mike's XS he'll just resurface as Mike's CB. That's cool with me.

roy

Got another reply from Mikes:

"Hi Ken, We pulled some off the shelf and they are fine. Also, I have no complaints in my database about that issue. It may be a different MC than you think. Just a thought. Thanks"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That reply is priceless:

Thanks for sharing that

We should just do a thread on the maybe 2-3 good parts they sell, and just go ahead and assume the rest it shit.

Have not ran across anything they have that I can't find somewhere else yet.

I just got the 5th gear od in the mail and it doesnt fit! Its maybe a couple thousands off if that. I double checked the shaft to make sure its not me. A quick google search and I found several others with the same issue that had to take it to a machine shop to get it bored out. Still waiting on a reply from mikes BS

I just got the 5th gear od in the mail and it doesnt fit! Its maybe a couple thousands off if that. I double checked the shaft to make sure its not me. A quick google search and I found several others with the same issue that had to take it to a machine shop to get it bored out. Still waiting on a reply from mikes BS

Good luck with that. I hope it doesnt slow down your build down too much.

Last edited:
Good luck with that. I hope it doesnt your build down too much.

Ya it sucks I was about to drop in the tranny and put the cases together. Now im at a standstill on this. Is it worth dealing with mikes or would it be cheaper to just go get it fixed at a shop? From what I hear there gonna charge shipping both ways and then theres the wait time

Get a quote from a local shop first...If it cost the same or similar to all that shipping, then it would be faster to just get it done locally.....My opioin anyway..... If its cheap and they are slow you could still get it done today or this weekend......maybe.....if you have the time availiable to do that.

Thats where I would start anyway.

tx, let me get this straight. You got a gear that's machined wrong, but you're going to have the ID corrected and use the gear anyway, assuming that the maker hasn't scrimped on material and treatment, even though you know he hasn't spent a yuan on anything resembling QA inspection. Do you really want to take the chance?

I was gonna take the chance cus I didnt think it was a problem since others have done it but im gonna see of mikes will work with me first. Id really hate to wait 2 weeks to get 1 damn gear

Back