motor mounts

Myowncreation

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the mount location on the back of the engine on the top of the motor (the one that gets fastened with the black shackle shaped like an L with 3 holes) Is that mount supposed to be centered on the frame. I am making my own frame, thats why I ask.

What do you mean by centered? Do you mean centered on the tubing? Centered half way between the lower rails and backbone? Do you have an engine available to use for a mock up? If so, you could use it to find out the geometry between your engine mounting points and your frame mounting points and make sure everything lines up and is solid.

Do you not have a stock frame to check on? From memory it is centered (no sided to side offset) but I'd have to measure to be sure.

You have the two bolt throughs then one on top of casing with two plates with three holes same as front . The top one which is in two pieces per side am they mount on the side of the brace tube. Hope this helps

I looked and yes at least to close eyeball inspection the upper rear mounts are centered on the backbone tube. So you can infer that the mount is a valid center line for the whole bike.

Back