Motor Mounts

schachterle

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the specs of the lower engine bolt on an XS650. How long, what thread, and what is the diameter?

i used a piece of 3/8"s mild steel round bar from Princess Auto. Cut to length, put threads/nuts on both sides them tack welded one nut (else it's difficult to tighten it effectively). Just had it out after a couple of years of riding, and it seems to have survived fine.

Stock is grade 6, m8x1.25 thread, dunno the length off hand, IIRC.

What are the specs of the lower engine bolt on an XS650. How long, what thread, and what is the diameter?

I needed 2 longer front motor mount bolts for forward controls. So I bought 2 of these cut them a bit and gave them more thread. I don't remember where I got 2 of them at, but Mike at Mikesxs.net referred me to them. Shoot him an email and he will point you in the right direction.

If you mean the bottom engine mount, I believe its M10 x 240 long bolt with an M10 nyloc nut.
Ill check it out this weekend unless someone knows for sure
Kev

The bolt's part number is 90106-10029-00 hope that helps!! I measured the one that I cut off and it is a hair under 10" (245mm) so the lower motor mount bolt would have to be at least 250mm.

Last edited:
- 275 x 10 mm...thread is 1.25...17mm socket required...torque is 90Nm or 65 ft/lb

That's what I thought inxs. Because I needed a 10" bolt for forward controls and just ordered 2 of the bottom bolts cut a bit off and threaded it down further. So I was thinking it had to be 250. Which btw everyone is damn near impossible to find in higher grades. I had a guy tell me that I could have him make them for $75... Each.... :yikes: I said wtf-ever. Then I realized that the bottom motormount bolt was long enough with some spare. Just couldn't remember how much to spare.

But if he found one somewhere long enough. He wouldn't need the thread to be the same. As long as he could find a locknut with matching threads.

Does anyone have a lonk to a XS650 guide for all motor mount bolt dimensions? Recieved a prodject bike and the past owners only used the bottom engine mounts, so Im am haveing to replace all the missing bolts for the remaining mounts.

Does anyone have a lonk to a XS650 guide for all motor mount bolt dimensions?
with a little work and a parts book you can figure it out

Attachments

• yamaha parts codes.PNG
    yamaha parts codes.PNG
    167.8 KB · Views: 157
Back