Much to my surprise

hamamatsu

Retired loafer
Reaction score
Much to my surprise, I spotted a 1978 XS650 sitting at the local Yamaha shop where the guys who work there park their bikes. I know most of the guys who work there, I have bought a couple of new bikes and many XS650 parts there over the years. As it turns out the mechanic who works on my V-Star found the old XS650 and brought it back to life. He also owns a Road Star.

It never ceases to amaze me when I see guys like him choose an XS650 when he has so many other bikes at his finger tips. He spent a half hour with me talking about XS650s.....on company time too.

If nothing else, the old XS650 helps make a lot of friends for me.

You're lucky! Whenever I go to my local Yami dealer and mention my TX, they look at me as if I have two heads. :( I was able to get tires mounted there, but other than that, it's been just my neophyte little mitts on my bike. It's be nice to have a good failsafe if I were to ever paint myself into a mechanical corner... :p

TC

I guess the money is in new MCs so you can't really blame them. But it would be nice if the MC shops actually had people interested in MCs working there. Maybe becuase so many people have such strong opinions on what types they like. Personally I kind of like all of them.

Back