My '77 build...TRIPPIN' 2014 Build off

Demin

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully when it's done and you look at it...You'll think you're trippin':yikes:
Started with an UGLY '77.Picked up a Voodoo Vintage MK21 hardtail(wanted an MK25..see my other threads)and a set of forward controls made by TC Bros.All through Monstercraftsman.Picked up wheels,forks and some other parts from a VLX 600 Shadow to blend into the build.I like a fatter rear tire,not the tall skinny.More pics to follow.
The ugly start.
bikepics-2506349-800.jpg

Well......Still waiting on my welder.Gonna find another one.I have a question,since nobody from where the hardtail was built or sold by(pretty much will never use either again).It seems like the bottom tubes need to go farther forward.Should the seatpost be centered on the bottom crossbrace?But that seems like it will mess up the hardtail to the backbone alignment.

I'm just going to use this thread for my build off thread.

So I found a new welder.The frame got sent out yesterday.So hopefully this one will get it done.:wtf: They say uspainters and stuff are bad.The first guy even owed me money and I was going to knock off a good bit,to weld the frame.And he still owes me a Shovelhead frame,title and bottom end.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

:bike: This will be me come Aug...LOL.

good luck just make sure u post in the build off thread 1 time each month to stay in
( I think it's in the rules ) Glad to see other builders from OHIO

Finally got my frame welded.Deciding to go long or not.Gotta put the short frontend on and see if I like it.Not sure if the back wheel choice is going to work.Hub is pretty wide.From a VLX600
bikepics-2620570-800.jpg

Nothing much new this month.I think I'm going to shorten up the frontend.It's a Shadow 600 forks and wheel.Noy going to be able to use the Shadow rear wheel.Too wide.It's a 170 tire and the hub is way too wide.:banghead:

bikepics-2622178-800.jpg

Back